Avocat/Advocaat, Member of the Brussels Bar
Thierry is a senior counsel in our Corporate and Finance practice. He specialises in public M&A, equity capital markets transactions, company and financial law, corporate governance and employee and executive incentives.
Thierry has recently been a member of the committee of experts set up by the Minister of Justice to reform the Companies Code. He is a scientific advisor at the University of Liège and has written on numerous legal topics.
Thierry has worked on many of the largest transactions involving listed companies that have taken place in Belgium over the past 15 years.
Recent significant transactions include advising:
- on the merger between two listed food retailing groups, one of the largest cross-border mergers in Europe ever;
- on a number of large initial public offerings;
- on five accelerated bookbuilt offers and bought deals in relation to shares in BEL20 and CAC40 companies;
- on exchangeable and convertible bonds for a BEL20 company;
- one of the leading energy providers in the world on the disposal and reorganisation of several strategic assets following its merger as well as on its subsequent combination with another large energy company;
- on complex public takeover bid and squeeze-out litigations;
- on several matters involving shareholder activism;
- a number of listed companies on their annual shareholders’ meetings as well as their international stock option plans and executive incentive schemes.
2007 to date Counsel, Linklaters
2002 - 2007 Counsel, Linklaters De Bandt, Brussels *
2000 - 2001 Senior Associate, De Bandt, van Hecke, Lagae & Loesch, Brussels
1999 - Admitted to the Brussels Bar
1995 - 1999 Associate, De Bandt, van Hecke, Lagae & Loesch, Brussels
1993 - 1994 Assistant, Commercial Law Department, ULG, University of Liège
* In 2002, De Bandt, van Hecke, Lagae & Loesch merged with Linklaters
1994 - 1995 King’s College London, LL.M
1988 - 1993 ULG, University of Liège, Licencié en droit