Managing Associate, Brussels
“My main focus is providing our clients with pragmatic solutions aligned with their specific needs in order to enable them to efficiently complete their goals. My practice primarily consists of cross-border and domestic debt and equity-linked capital markets transactions. I furthermore also regularly advise on general bank lending arrangements.”
Tom is a managing associate in the Corporate and Finance department. He specialises in debt and equity-linked capital markets transactions, assisting both issuers and the advising institutions on domestic and cross-border matters. He furthermore advises corporates and financial institutions in relation to bank financings and financial regulatory queries.
Tom has been involved in a wide range of major capital markets and banking transactions. These include advising:
- ageas SA/NV in relation to a liability management exercise by ageas SA/NV’s indirect subsidiary Ageasfinlux S.A. and the parallel issuance by ageas SA/NV of EUR 750 million Solvency II compliant restricted tier 1 notes
- AKKA Technologies SE on its EUR 175 million issuance of the first corporate hybrid convertible bond by a Belgian issuer
- Immobel SA/NV in relation to the set-up of the EUR 250 million retail and wholesale Euro Medium Term Note programme and its public offer of EUR 75 million 3% notes due 2027
- Gimv NV in relation to its inaugural public offer of EUR 75 million bonds due 2026 and EUR 175 million bonds due 2031
- Locorail NV, a Belgian SPV which was incorporated in 2008 to develop and maintain the Liefkenshoek rail tunnel under the Schelde river in Antwerp, in relation to the refinancing and restructuring of its existing indebtedness
- Solvay SA/NV in relation to the issuance of EUR 600 million 0.5% fixed rate bonds due 2029 and the redemption of USD 800 million 3.4% notes due 2020 by Solvay Finance (America), LLC
Tom joined the Corporate and Finance department in 2015 and was seconded to the Equity and Debt Capital Markets practice of our London office from January to April 2019.
Tom has also been involved in:
- ageas SA/NV on its benchmark issuance of EUR 500 million Solvency II tier 2-compliant subordinated fixed to floating rate notes due July 2049
- Groupe Bruxelles Lambert SA/NV in connection with the issuance of EUR 750 million exchangeable bonds due 2022 by Eliott Capital S.a r.l. and guaranteed by Groupe Bruxelles Lambert SA/NV, exchangeable for registered shares in LafargeHolcim Ltd
- J.P. Morgan Securities plc and Belfius Bank SA/NV as joint lead managers in respect of the issuance by Biocartis Group NV of EUR 150 million 4% convertible bonds due 2024
- BNP Paribas as arranger and the dealers in connection with the update of the EUR 3.5 billion Euro Medium Term Note programme for Proximus SA de droit public
- Carmeuse Holding S.A. in relation to the set-up of its EUR 150 million multi-currency treasury notes programme arranged by Belfius Bank SA/NV;
- KBC Group NV in relation to the update of its EUR 10 billion Euro Medium Term Note programme and several notes issuances thereunder
- Morgan Stanley & Co. International plc as arranger and the other dealers in relation to the update of the EUR 3 billion Euro Medium Term Note programme for Argenta Spaarbank SA/NV and a subsequent issuance of notes thereunder
- J.P. Morgan Securities plc as arranger and the other dealer regarding the update of the EUR 5 billion Euro Medium Term Note programme of Euroclear Bank SA/NV
- J.P. Morgan Securities plc and the other joint lead managers in relation to the issuance of EUR 500 million undated deeply subordinated additional tier 1 fixed rate resettable callable securities by KBC Group NV
- AKKA Technologies SE in relation to its EUR 300 million syndicated revolving credit facility agreement
- SCR-Sibelco NV regarding its syndicated revolving credit facility agreement.
Tom holds a master’s degree in Law from the University of Ghent and an LL.M. in Business Organization and Finance from the University of Virginia.
He works in Dutch, English and French.