Counsel, New York
Partner Promotions 2021
Education and qualifications
Partner Promotions 2021
Will joined the firm as a Counsel in 2017. He focuses on transactional and regulatory matters related to derivatives, and is an expert in the development, structuring, negotiation and documentation of derivatives products, particularly in structuring complex bespoke products to fit commercial needs.
Will is dedicated to supporting and mentoring his team and is committed to the firm’s vision of Diversity and Inclusion.
What three words would you use to describe yourself?
I am thoughtful, dependable, and adaptable. I try to boost team morale (especially in a pandemic which is so isolating), anticipate the needs of clients, and think outside of the box to deliver innovative solutions to clients.
What is an interesting fact about you or a surprising skill you have?
I can’t carry a tune, but my one year old still loves to hear me sing!
Will’s practice focuses on transactional and advisory matters related to derivatives. Will represents both buy and sell-side institutions in connection with the development, structuring, negotiation and documentation of a wide variety of financial products. These products include deal-contingent swaps, loan total return swaps, swap intermediations, interest rate swaps, currency swaps, and other funded and unfunded products. Will has been representing ISDA dealers and buy-side participants in connection with the implementation of margin regulation compliant documentation for uncleared derivatives.
Notable matters in which Will has been involved include:
- representing several dealers in connection with the implementation of margin regulation compliant documentation for uncleared derivatives
- representing a dealer in connection with a combination of FX forward and time-staggered interest rate swap transactions exceeding USD 2 billion notional with bespoke features that provided the end-user with a USD/CAD cross-currency basis swap to synthetically convert USD liabilities to CAD liabilities relating to a merger
- representing a dealer in connection with a secured deal-contingent interest rate swap exceeding USD 10 billion notional relating to a project financing with syndication rebate and post-syndication valuation adjustment features
- representing a dealer in connection with the negotiation and documentation of cross-currency swaps relating to such dealer’s USD/JPY repackaging securities program
- representing a hedge fund in connection with the negotiation and documentation of a negative correlation trade package