Antitrust, Disputes, Foreign Investment and Sports Managing Associate, London
“I have practised competition law in London, Brussels and New York and have experience advising on all aspects, particularly global merger control and including UK competition litigation. I advise clients across a range of sectors, including sports, pharmaceuticals, consumer goods and financial services.”
Education and qualifications
Anand is a Managing Associate in our Antitrust & Foreign Investment group. Anand has worked in the London, Brussels and New York offices of Linklaters and has wide ranging experience, including working on a number of large-scale transactional projects. In 2022, Anand was seconded to Linklaters’ Dispute Resolution and Competition Litigation team.
Anand is the editor of Linklaters’ sports law blog, SportingLinks, and co-chair of the Linklaters Ethnicity and Race Network (LEARN).
Anand’s experience includes advising:
- G4S plc in relation to its defence of an unsolicited hostile takeover from GardaWorld and the parallel recommended takeover offer made by Allied Universal
- The Association of Football Agents UK in relation to FIFA’s proposals to reform the regulation of agents, including the introduction of a mandatory service fee cap
- Linde on its €86bn merger with Praxair, obtaining conditional clearance from competition regulators across Europe, North America, Latin America and Africa
- The Welsh Rugby Union on CVC Capital Partners’ acquisition of a 14.3% stake in Six Nations Rugby
- Takeda on its $62bn acquisition of Shire, Japan’s largest ever pharmaceuticals takeover
- INEOS Britannia in relation to the protocol and rules governing participation in the 37th America’s Cup
- Greene King plc in relation to its acquisition by CK Asset Holdings, cleared at Phase 1 by the European Commission
Currently based in London, Anand spent time as an associate in Linklaters’ Brussels and New York offices. In 2020 he was promoted to Managing Associate, and in 2022 was seconded to Linklaters’ Dispute Resolution and Competition Litigation team.
Anand’s recent publications and panel appearances include:
- 'New competitions & breakaway leagues’, LawInSport annual conference, September 2022
- ‘Sports & Antitrust: Enforcement Trends and Economic Rationality on Both Sides of the Atlantic’, American Bar Association, May 2022
- 'Win It On The Pitch – EC registers European Citizens’ Initiative to protect European sports model’, LawInSport, March 2022
- ‘M&A in Sports: has Covid-19 moved the goalposts?’, LawInSport, July 2020
- ‘Mandatory Commissions in the Distribution of Esports: Lifting the Veil on Antitrust Issues’, The Licensing Journal, June 2020
- ‘Financial Control and Regulation of Football Clubs’, LawInSport Football Law conference, June 2020