Corporate and Structured Lending Partner, London
"I am an asset finance specialist, with a focus on maritime and aviation finance. I advise our clients on their most strategically important transactions by offering long-standing expertise, commercial understanding and in-depth sector knowledge. I also have extensive experience in areas of structured finance and loan portfolio sales and acquisitions."
Education and qualifications
Olga is Head of the firm’s Asset Finance practice and co-head of the Transportation sector group. She has extensive experience in transactions involving a range of aviation and maritime assets, including loan and lease financings, ECA-backed debt, asset and corporate acquisitions and joint ventures, and restructuring and enforcement.
Olga also advises on loan portfolio transactions, general banking and borrowing base / asset-based lending transactions.
Olga has experience in a wide range of asset finance and loan portfolio transactions. These include advising:
Asset finance - Maritime:
- European Investment Bank on the innovative green shipping guarantee programme, including transactions with a number of European banks
- Credit Agricole on several shipping restructurings, including the US ch. 11 bankruptcy of the Toisa group
- CGG on the maritime aspects of its 2017 financial restructuring, including an innovative joint venture structure with a Nordic vessel operator
- Hapag Lloyd AG and, prior to their business combination, CSAV on a number of container ship financings, including ECA-backed debt, commercial debt and lease financings
- Centerbridge Partners, the U.S. private investment firm, on a container shipping joint venture with a European shipping company
- the senior lenders’ co-ordinating committee on the restructuring of Zim, the Israeli container shipping company
- private equity and maritime sector investors on the acquisition of several shipping and off-shore companies, including acquisition financings and/or refinancings of the target’s fleet facilities
Asset finance - Aviation:
- China Aircraft Leasing Corporation (CALC) on an innovative aircraft co-investment structure, including senior and junior debt and the acquisition of a seed portfolio of aircraft
- VistaJet, the business jet airline, on a number of aircraft financings provided with different financing institutions, its US$300m high yield bond issue and its corporate re-organisation
- Investec on several matters including a mezzanine debt facility for a leading operating lessor
- UBS on the separate financings of a portfolio of over 100 corporate jets across a number of jurisdictions and using a range of structures, including restructurings, disputes and enforcements
- Fortress on the acquisition of a portfolio of aircraft on lease to Qantas
- Dubai Aerospace on the sale and lease back and financing of a fleet of 10 A330 aircraft
Loan portfolio transactions:
- RBS on several bank restructuring matters, including its implementation of the UK ring-fencing regulations, the UK government’s 2010 Asset Protection Scheme and several loan portfolio disposals
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation on the US$2.2bn acquisition of GE’s European leveraged loan portfolio
- Lloyds Bank on the disposal of two project finance loan portfolios
PNC Bank on its European market entry acquisition of the asset-based lending portfolio of KBC Bank
Olga was co-contributor to the Shipping Finance Review 2014/2015 (Euromoney Yearbooks) on the “Evolving legal and documentary trends in shipping finance”.
Education and qualifications
Olga studied law at the University of Pennsylvania.
She speaks English, Serbian, French and Spanish.
Member of the New York Bar (non-practicing).