Structured Finance and Derivatives Partner (Linklaters LLP, England & Wales), Registered Foreign Lawyer (England & Wales), Hong Kong SAR
“I have in-depth knowledge of derivatives products and regulation. I act with an understanding of my client’s decision-making processes and deliver commercially focused advice that enables them to pursue their business efficiently.”
Education and qualifications
- strategic corporate equity derivatives and equity financing (including with respect to shares traded through the Stock Connect platform and China A-shares), structured credit derivatives and structured repos
- trading relationships, including collateral arrangements and close-outs
- the regulatory aspects of derivatives and structured products, particularly arising out of post-financial crisis derivatives market reform (including client clearing, regulatory margin and financial benchmarks).
Stephen is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- the banks in relation to Country Garden’s convertible bond with call spread overlay, the first of its kind in the Hong Kong market
- numerous collar financings and/or accelerated collared purchase transactions over shares listed on the stock exchanges of Hong Kong, Japan, the US, Germany and elsewhere
- the banks on numerous synthetic buybacks of shares listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Nomura and Barclays in relation to Zhejiang Geely Holding Group’s acquisition of shares in AB Volvo
- Credit Suisse and Morgan Stanley on margin financings for the subscription of new shares issued by Lenovo Group
- the hedge providers in relation to the financing of the Formosa 1 offshore wind farm project
- numerous Chinese broker-dealers on the establishment of, and drawdown under, their on-balance sheet structured notes programmes and off-balance sheet repackaging programmes
- numerous Asian financial institutions in relation to compliance with Hong Kong and European derivatives markets regulation
- ISDA on the drafting the 2011 Equity Derivatives Definitions