Corporate Partner, London
"I am a corporate partner who specialises in equity capital markets transactions of all types. I have helped bring a large number of companies to market through IPO where I provide commercial, user-friendly advice to clients transitioning from private to public markets."
Education and qualifications
Tom advises on a broad range of ECM and Listing Rules driven transactions, including IPOs, secondary capital raisings, M&A financings, redomiciles, demergers, sell-downs and private placements.
He acts for corporates, investment banks, investment funds and other stakeholders across a range of sectors. He also provides general corporate advice to a number of listed clients.
Tom spent two years in the equity capital markets execution team at a major US investment bank between 2013 – 2015 where he gained extensive business-side experience and was a member of the bank’s underwriting committee.
He also spent 18 months in the Firm’s Hong Kong office in 2012/13 and 6 months in the Firm’s Moscow office in 2006/07 where he advised on corporate and capital markets transactions in these regions.
A selection of Tom’s recent experience includes advising:
- Helios Towers on its London IPO
- BGL Group (comparethemarket.com) and its shareholders on a dual-track London IPO and M&A process – culminated in the sale of a significant minority stake to a Canadian pension fund
- Underwriters on the London IPOs of Trainline and Funding Circle – the first IPO to be executed under the new UK IPO process rules introduced in July 2018
- Underwriters on the London IPO of Huatai Securities – the first listing under the Shanghai-London Stock Connect Scheme
- Underwriters on rights issues and other secondary capital raisings by Marks & Spencer, The Restaurant Group, DS Smith, Melrose Industries, BskyB, Aquarius Platinum and HSBC
- Sponsors on The Restaurant Group’s acquisition of Wagamama, DS Smith’s acquisitions of Interstate Resources and Europac and Melrose Industries’ acquisition of Nortek
- Marwyn Investment Management and Wilmcote Holdings on a proposed reverse takeover of a US agri chemicals business and “accelerated IPO” financing
- Attestor Capital, Och Ziff Capital and Taconic Capital on a pre-IPO private investment in Arion Bank
- SAB Miller on the disposal of its stake in Tsogo Sun by way of fully marketed public offering