Capital Markets Partner, London
"I advise both issuer and investment bank clients on a wide range of debt capital markets products. I have built a specialisation in liability management transactions in both the distressed and non-distressed space. During my time at Linklaters, I have played a key role on some of the most complex and innovative liability management transactions we have been involved in."
Education and qualifications
Arjun is a Partner in the firm’s capital markets practice who advises investment banks, corporates, financial institutions and sovereign clients on complex and innovative transactions. These include liability management transactions, corporate restructurings, bank recapitalisations, regulatory capital issuances, investment grade and sub-investment grade offerings and sovereign and supranational issuances.
Highlights of Arjun’s deals include:
- advising the structuring advisers on the recapitalisations of the Co-Operative Bank in 2013 and 2017 which included liability management exercises, schemes of arrangement and the issuance of new capital
- advising the dealer manager investment banks on the EUR206bn exchange offer by the Hellenic Republic in 2012
- advising on the resolution in South Africa of African Bank, including a transformational exchange offer critical to the formation of the good bank in a bad-bank/good-bank split
- advising the South African retail conglomerate, Steinhoff in connection with its corporate and financial restructuring as it related to Steinhoff’s convertible bonds and Eurobonds in issue
- advising Novo Banco in Portugal on a number of debt transactions, including two recapitalisation exercises, post its formation as part of the resolution of Banco Espirito Santo
- advising AIB Group, one of Ireland’s pillar banks, on a number of regulatory capital issuances (Additional Tier 1, Tier 2 and MREL) and liability management exercises