We approach matters holistically and ensure that our tax advice, and any implementation, reflects the wider legal and commercial context. We bring real-time insights into trends, attitudes and legislative developments and provide advice that will stand the test of time.
Our integrated teams of tax, corporate, finance, regulatory and dispute resolution lawyers have a broad client base, spanning corporates, governments/sovereigns, funds and financial institutions. This results in a rounded approach and tailored, realistic, commercially-sound advice.
Our expertise and experience of advising on the tax aspects of corporate transactions is unrivalled. We frequently work on structuring domestic and cross-border M&A, joint ventures and demergers, as well as corporate reorganisations.
We regularly advise on the tax issues that are key to structuring domestic and cross-border investments, including for funds and financial investor clients.
Our team is known for structuring the most complex and challenging financial transactions, including regulatory capital and hybrid financing packages, structured bond transactions, rights issues, loan agreements and securitisations.
Our contentious tax group provides experienced advice and guidance at all stages of a potential dispute with a tax authority, or a third party, on a tax-related matter.
We support clients through a variety of business challenges, including advising on tax aspects of crisis management.
Recent tax transactions include advising:
- Thyssenkrupp on the group’s division into two independent companies Thyssenkrupp Materials AG and Thyssenkrupp Industrials AG as well as on the sale of its elevator business to a consortium led by Advent, Cinven and RAG-Stiftung
- Linde Group on the merger with Praxair and the resulting carve-out activities
- E.ON on the acquisition of RWE's 76.8% stake in innogy SE via a far-reaching exchange of assets and participations
- LetterOne Group on the US$21bn business combination of its oil and gas subsidiary DEA with BASF subsidiary Wintershall
- Procter & Gamble in connection with the acquisition of the consumer health business from Merck KGaA
- Deere & Company on its US$5.2bn acquisition of the global business activities of the Wirtgen Group
- Bayer on the dual track procedure for its plastic division “Bayer MaterialScience” with 60 countries involved and the subsequent IPO of Covestro