The world’s leading private equity houses and financial sponsors regularly rely on both our legal and commercial expertise to help them navigate complex, high-profile and cross-border transactions. Our Private Equity practice provides timely advice on every entry and exit point of an investment, including carve-outs, private M&A, public M&A and IPOs.
By combining our specialist product knowledge and deep sector experience, we help our clients to efficiently navigate transactions and maintain a competitive advantage in a world where speed of execution is often key to success.
Working alongside our first-class funds, restructuring, finance and other specialist teams across our global network, we offer seamless advice in all situations and wherever it is our clients are looking to invest.
Recent private equity transactions include advising:
- Hg’s Genesis 7 Fund, Montagu and other selling investors: advising on the sale of a stake in Visma, which values the business at US$12.2bn, to a consortium of investors including Hg Saturn 2 Fund, TPG, Warburg Pincus and CPPIB.
- Apax: advising on the acquisition and the subsequent sale of shares in Neuraxpharm.
- Carlyle: advising on the acquisition of Logoplaste.
- Partners Group: advising the majority shareholder on its entry into exclusive negotiations with EQT Private Equity relating to the disposal of Cerba HealthCare, international leader in the medical biology sector.
- I Squared Capital: advising on its US$2.15bn purchase of the infrastructure division of GTT Communications, a leading global cloud networking provider to multinational clients.
- Warburg Pincus and TowerBrook Capital Partners: advising the consortium on the recommended offer for AA, valuing the business at approximately £2.8bn.
- Carlyle: advising on its £958m recommended cash offer for Vectura Group, a provider of innovative inhaled drug delivery solutions with a premium listing in the UK.
- Spanish natural gas and electrical energy utilities company: advising on the acquisition financing of an additional 34.05% stake in the owner and operator of a deep sea natural gas pipeline which runs between Algeria and Spain.
- Apax Partners: advising on the €1bn acquisition of Rodenstock from Compass Partners.
- Global Infrastructure Partners and the Consortium: advising on the $4.73bn recommended cash offer for ordinary share capital of Signature Aviation.