Private Equity and Financial Sponsors
Linklaters’ sector expertise, product knowledge and global practice channelled through dedicated client focused teams means we are uniquely placed to serve the increasingly diverse requirements of these players.
Linklaters advises fund managers and private equity houses on all aspects of the industry, from fundraising and structuring to buyouts, public to privates and portfolio assistance, including restructuring advice. Our private equity team's expertise is further supported by our first-class international corporate, IPO, finance and tax teams.
Sovereign Wealth Funds
Over the last decade, Linklaters has worked with Sovereign Wealth Funds on transactions around the world. The firm’s work in Asia, the Middle East and Europe encompasses M&A, real estate acquisition, debt finance and infrastructure as well as other areas of specific advice such as risk management, regulatory and antitrust/protectionist issues.
Recent significant industrials transactions include advising:
- I Squared Capital on its purchase of GTT’s infrastructure division for $2.15 billion
- Hg’s Genesis 7 Fund, Montagu and other selling investors on the sale of a stake in Visma to a consortium of investors including Hg Saturn 2 Fund, TPG, Warburg Pincus and CPPIB. The transaction values the business at US$12.2bn and is the largest ever buy-out of a software company
- Apax on the sale of their controlling stake in Neuraxpharm to funds advised by Permira
- Advent on its £4bn recommended cash offer for Cobham plc
- Carlyle on the acquisition of a significant minority stake in Cepsa from Mubadala Investment Company. Cepsa is Europe’s largest integrated oil & gas company
- Hg on the sale of A-Plan to Howden
- A consortium comprising TDR Capital, Goldman Sachs, PGGM, ATP, GIC and ADIA on the €3.7bn acquisition of LeasePlan from Volkswagen and Fleet Investments
- Cerberus on the acquisition of Worldwide Flight Services
- BC Partners on the £700m acquisition of VetPartners
- Cerberus on the €5bn acquisition of GE Money Bank and the c.13bn acquisition of Northern Rock’s UK residential mortgage loan book
- CPPIB and TCV on the acquisition of a majority stake in Sportradar, Permira on the €770m acquisition of Laureate’s Spanish and Portuguese education business
- ION Capital on its US$1.7bn acquisition of Acuris
- Jacobs Holding on the acquisition of Cognita Schools, a UK-headquartered global schools group, from KKR and Bregal
- Montagu Private Equity on their carve-out acquisition of the flexographic printing division of Kodak
- Permira on the €770m acquisition of Laureate’s Spanish and Portuguese education business
- PSP Investments on the £2.6bn acquisition by a consortium led by CVC of a stake in Recordati
- PAI Partners on its £1.5bn acquisition of Areas, , a global leader in the travel and catering market, from Elior Group