Corporate Partner, Madrid
"I have advised on a number of private equity, general M&A and joint venture transactions, and have broad experience in commercial agreements, acting for both domestic and international clients. I am very determined and get deals done."
Education & Qualifications
Carmen has advised on a number of private equity, general M&A and joint venture transactions, and has broad experience in commercial agreements, acting for both domestic and international clients.
She also has a strong focus on the consumer, telecom and media and technology sectors.
The 2013 through 2022 editions of Chambers rank her both in Corporate and in Private Equity in Spain, highlighting her technical expertise in addition to her solution-oriented approach. Clients know her to be super commercial and hand-on. They also say that "she highlights the risk at the same time as seeking solutions; that is the kind of lawyer you want on your side."
- The shareholders of IVI-RMA on the sale of the company to KKR
- CTG on the acquisition of a Spanish portfolio of wind and photovoltaic renewable energy assets located in northern Spain from a consortium led by Corporación Masaveu; as well as on other transactions
- The Carlyle Group on the acquisition of Logoplaste and on the subsequent sale to OTPP
- Permira on the acquisition of Laureate in Spain and Portugal
- Ardian on the simultaneous acquisition of (i) Berlys from Alantra and Artà Capital and (ii) Bellsolà from Landon as well as on the integration of both businesses
Ardian on the acquisition of Frulact, a leading producer of added valued ingredients for the food industry.
- PAI: advising on the acquisition of Areas
- Permira and Ardian: advising on the investment and divestment of Odigeo
- beIN Sports on the joint venture with Mediapro for the exploitation of football rights in Spain
- Pizza Hut on its strategic alliance with Telepizza
- The Carlyle Group on the acquisition of Palacios Alimentación and on the subsequent sale to a vehicle controlled by MCH Private Equity, Ardian and LGT.
Carmen has as well advised for many years many Spanish and international companies in relation to their technology and data protection including JP Morgan, UBS, Denso, TicketMaster, Disney, KPMG, LG, Teva, Viacom, Goldman Sachs, Fortis, Lloyds, Morgan Stanley, Barclays, Euro6000, Swift, HSBC, Continental, BT, Astrazeneca, Bain, Amadeus, etc.
Carmen is one of the Knowledge & Learning Partners in the Madrid office.
Carmen is one of the Recruiting Partners in the Madrid office.
Carmen is the MSC Staffer
Education & Qualifications
Carmen studied Law and Business (E-3) at Universidad Pontificia Comillas in Madrid (Spain).
In addition to Spanish and English, Carmen advises frequently in French and has a good knowledge of Portuguese.