Dan is an English law qualified lawyer who has been based in the firm’s Warsaw office since 2006. He advises international corporates, private equity sponsors and strategic investors on M&A (private and public) deals, inbound and outbound investments in emerging Europe, particularly in Turkey, Ukraine, the CEE and Poland.
Dan co-heads the firm’s Turkey desk and is a member of the firm’s CEE and CIS teams.
Before moving to Warsaw, Dan spent five years in the firm’s Moscow office advising on a wide range of cross-border corporate transactions. Early on in his career, Dan worked for the European Commission and for a UK non-governmental organisation on conflict resolution projects in Georgia.
Dan has led on many of the CEE region’s major transactions. These include advising:
- Qatari-based beIN Media Group on the acquisition of Turkey’s biggest satellite network and pay-TV provider Digitürk
- Akfen in relation to the sale of their 40% interest in Mersin port and their 8.12% interest in TAV
- Yildiz Holding, Turkey's largest food and beverage company, on its acquisition of United Biscuits from Blackstone and PAI Partners
- UniCredit Group on its sale of UkrSotsBank to Alfa Group’s ABH Holdings, a privately owned Luxembourg-based company for banking activities in the CIS
- private equity sponsors TRG (formerly CVCI) and Apollo on their investment in the Karavan group, which holds three shopping centres in Ukraine, from 2011 to 2016, including a potential amendment of investment terms, the purchase with DCH Group of the majority shareholders’ interest in the group, the resulting joint venture with DCH group and, finally, on the sale by TRG and Apollo of their interest to DCH Group
Founder member of TWDW – Warsaw’s largest amateur rowing club.
Education and qualifications
Dan studied English and French law at University College, London and Université Aix-Marseille
He speaks English, French, Russian and Polish.