Giorgio heads the private equity practice in the firm’s Milan office. He specialises in cross-border public and private M&A and private equity transactions. He also represents Italian, international and private equity funds on their most strategically important investments, often working in collaboration with the firm’s financial regulatory and structured finance lawyers.
Giorgio is dual-qualified in both Italian and English law and divides his time between the firm’s Milan and London offices, serving clients in both jurisdictions.
Giorgio has led on, or been a key adviser in, many major PE and M&A deals. These include advising:
- BC Partners portfolio company, Keter Group, on the acquisition of the entire share capital of ABM Italia
- Ambienta on the sale of IP Cleaning to Tennant Company
- KKR in connection with the acquisition of a majority interest in Sistemia
- the management of Industrie De Nora on the disposal of a minority stake (35%) to Blackstone Group
- Bain Capital Credit on the acquisition of Heta Asset Resolution Italia, a non-performing leasing company
- TIAA Henderson Real Estate and Neptune Property Venture on the acquisitions of the retail shopping parks in Vicolungo and Castel Guelfo
- Marmon Food, Beverage & Water Technologies on the acquisition of Angelo Po, a manufacturer of industrial kitchens, and Dominioni, a manufacturer of pasta machines
- Nestlé on its 50/50 joint venture with PAI Partners to merge Nestlé's ice cream and frozen food business with R&R Ice Cream
- DeNora on the acquisition from Severn Trent of a water purification business
- HgCapital on the sale of TeamSystem Holding, an Italian software company, to Hellman & Friedman
Giorgio sits as board member on private equity firms as required by them for the duration of transactions.
He is a member of the Milan office’s CSR committee.
Education and qualifications
Giorgio studied law at the University of Turin.