Capital Markets Partner, London
"I advise corporates, investors and investment banks on a full range of capital markets products and financial restructurings, particularly in cross-border setting in the emerging markets. I enjoy helping clients solve complex financial structuring issues, deal with challenging market circumstances, as well as help them come to grips with US law, regulation and disclosure requirements."
Education and qualifications
Yaroslav is a U.S. partner based in our London office, with expertise in advising corporates and investment banks on debt and equity capital markets transactions, as well as investor funds and corporate clients on capital markets aspects of financial restructurings.
Yaroslav has extensive experience advising corporate and investment banking clients on the requirements of U.S. federal securities law and regulation in offerings of securities and in liability management transactions.
Yaroslav has advised on a number notable capital markets transactions and restructurings, including:
- representing lead managers on a debut $825 million bonds issuance by Ukrenergo, a first sustainability-linked and green bond by a Ukrainian corporate
- representing Assemblin on its €250 million senior secured floating-rate high-yield bond offering
- representing the lead managers on the $500 million bonds issued by Vodafone Ukraine (CEE Legal Matter Ukrainian deal of the year)
- representing Interpipe on the restructuring of its debt facilities and the issuance of $309 million bonds due 2024 and performance securities to existing creditors and the subsequent issuance $300 million bonds due 2026
- representing the lead managers on the €325 million green bonds issuance by DTEK Renewables (first green bond from a Ukrainian issuer)
- representing the lead managers in Metinvest’s US$1.6 billion dual-tranche post-restructuring financing and concurrent tender offer and consent solicitation (IFR Emerging EMEA Bond Deal of the Year)
- advising Reckitt Benckiser on its $5.95 billion multi-tranche bond offering in connection with the acquisition of Mead Johnson
- representing the committee of bondholders on the US$3 billion restructuring of the notes and PXF facilities of Metinvest
Prior to joining Linklaters, Yaroslav worked at Debevoise & Plimpton LLP (New York), including a secondment to Mitsui & Co. in Tokyo.
Yaroslav is the co-author of the following publications:
- “Cross-Border Liability Management and U.S. Federal Securities Law”, June 2017/May 2020
- “Metinvest B.V. - The birth of the “Standstill Scheme of Arrangement”, February 2016
- “US Securities Law Briefing: Recent US Court Decisions May Limit Debt Exchange Offers and Restructurings”, August 2015
- “DTEK Exchange Offer and Scheme of Arrangement: facilitating high-yield debt restructurings”, May 2015
- “U.S. Securities Law Briefing: SEC Permits Five Business Day Tender Offers for Non-Convertible Debt Securities”, January 2015