Understanding a client’s business environment and strategic aims is key to providing them with first class legal support. As a result, Linklaters has, since 1997, had a dedicated healthcare sector team that brings together legal experience with the ability to help clients overcome the unique challenges posed by their particular sector. We are in an excellent position to help address the challenges that our healthcare clients face, drawing on our expertise in all areas of corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, TMT/IP, tax, regulation, litigation and antitrust projects in this sector; our ability to provide a seamless service; and our experience of dealing with many global key players; and knowledge and understanding of the key issues affecting the sector.
- Our clients include healthcare services groups, pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies, insurers, banks, private equity houses and sovereign wealth funds; we draw on broad as well as deep experience for a comprehensive analysis of any situation
- We can support our clients as they expand their business in both established and growth markets, whether that is through M&A, joint ventures, distribution agreements or by any other means
- We have one of the world’s pre-eminent antitrust practices, with dedicated sector expertise. We have unparalleled expertise and continued involvement in the highest profile and most complex antitrust cases at national, EU and global level, ranging from strategic M&A mandates to cutting-edge behavioural and regulatory assignments
- Our TMT/IP practice works with a number of healthcare companies protecting, enforcing and defending their IP rights. Our IP team includes highly experienced litigators and advisers on non-contentious commercial issues and agreements
- We know the healthcare regulatory issues and have excellent relationships with specialist regulatory healthcare lawyers in key jurisdictions
We work closely with the firm’s other sector teams, especially our Consumer and IT sectors to anticipate and address industry convergence trends
- Innovation is critical in the sector. We recently celebrated the 3rd anniversary of the launch of our Sustainable Innovation in Healthcare roundtables, commenced following the release of our Thought Leadership report