Real Estate Partner, Madrid
“I lead the Spanish Real Estate practice and am an all-round highly versatile real estate lawyer. My adaptability is highly valued by clients as it allows me to advise them through the whole cycle, thus building a long-term relationship with them.”
Education and qualifications
Adolfo is the Head of our Spanish Real Estate practice.
He covers the whole spectrum of real estate products, from the most traditional transactions to real estate finance and distressed assets.
Adolfo has a varied client base, with particular experience acting for financial sponsors, institutional and private equity investors on investments in Spain. In recent years, Adolfo has become one of the most sought-after R&I advisers in what is considered a distressed market.
He has advised on some of the biggest deals in the Spanish market, in particular in (i) NPLs portfolio acquisitions, and (ii) work-outs of NPLs up to repossession of the assets, both of which are very complex deals that require the involvement of many practices, large teams of lawyers, coordination with other advisors and significant strategic thinking.
Adolfo advises on significant real estate transactions related to large RE assets (major hotels, shopping centres, office buildings, logistic platforms, sale and leasebacks, etc.).
Adolfo is ranked by Chambers as a leading individual in Real Estate. He is described as "efficient, creative and has practical experience". Clients also say that he is very deal-oriented and that no detail escapes him," explaining that "he was key for closing the transaction in satisfactory terms for us. Not only he provided legal support and advice, but he played a key role in educating us and proposing solutions."
Adolfo has led on, or played a significant role, in many of the market’s most significant deals. Highlights include:
- BAML: advising on the acquisition of the Hotel Puerta América in Madrid.
- TIAA Henderson Real Estate: advising on the acquisition of the Nassica shopping centre.
- Davidson Kempner Partners: advising on the acquisition of the Antares portfolio and the subsequent acquisition of the Meridien RA Hotel and the Monterrey Hotel.
- Oak Hill and BAML: advising on the acquisition the Garden Hotels located in Almería, Spain.
- Intu Properties: advising on the acquisition of Xanadú shopping center.
- WeWork Property: advising on the creation of a joint venture with Exem and on the acquisition of a building located in Madrid.
- Activum: advising on the financing of three shopping centres in Spain.
Adolfo joined Linklaters in September 2007 as a trainee.
In 2012 he was seconded for six months to the Linklaters London office and later at British Land in London.
Education and qualifications
Adolfo obtained a Law degree from Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. He completed his Law studies at IEB-ISDE, earning an LLM in International Law.
He speaks Spanish and English.