Managing Associate, Capital Markets
"I have a wide-ranging capital markets practice advising financial institutions, corporates and sponsors on all types of bond deals, with a particular focus on regulatory capital transactions for banks, investment firms and insurers. I particularly enjoy using my broad experience as a corporate financing lawyer to help our clients achieve their objectives and to deliver innovative solutions for their capital raisings."
Education and qualifications
Andrew is a Managing Associate in the London capital markets team. He has a broad practice advising financial institutions, corporates and sponsors on a range of debt capital markets matters, including debt and equity-linked deals, liability management and corporate hybrids.
Andrew has particular expertise on regulatory capital transactions in the bank and insurance sectors and regularly advises on high profile and “first of a kind” transactions in those sectors.
Andrew has over 12 years’ experience of advising on corporate financing transactions. As a trainee, Andrew spent six months on secondment in Hong Kong.
- Lloyds Banking Group on various treasury matters including its debt issuance programmes, capital issuances, legacy capital and liability management exercises (including the UK’s first on-market purchase of preference shares to be structured as an exchange offer)
- The underwriters on Standard Chartered’s various AT1 issuances (including the first UK AT1 with dynamic subordination language), Reg S/144A drawdowns under its $77.5bn debt issuance programme and liability management transactions
- IG Group Holdings on the establishment of its £1bn EMTN programme and £300m debut bond issuance as part of a comprehensive refinancing of the group’s debt facilities following its acquisition of tastytrade, Inc.
- AXA on various treasury matters including a LIBOR to SONIA consent solicitation, the first deal of its kind by a French insurer
- Various other issuers including ageas, Fidelidade, OP Corporate Bank, Phoenix Group Holdings, Royal London and Unilever on debt issuances and debt issuance programmes
- The underwriters on debt issuances by various issuers including abrdn plc, Alpha Bank, the European Investment Bank, Julius Baer, Legal & General and Nordea
- Several financial sponsor clients and issuers in respect of private placements of regulatory capital