Dr. Jens Hollinderbäumer
Corporate Partner, Berlin
“I am a corporate lawyer, mostly advising on complex energy and infrastructure deals. As the industry undergoes huge change of fundamental importance for the planet, I offer clients in-depth expertise and responsive commercially based advice in an easy and engaging manner.”
Education and qualifications
Jens is a frequently recommended lawyer for transactions and regulatory advice in the energy and infrastructure sectors, including having the distinction of a recommendation in Juve (2021/2022)for transactions and regulation in the energy sector.
Jens focuses on corporate deals, advising utilities and investors on M&A transactions, services deals and complex group restructurings, alongside advising financial investors, utilities, lenders and grid operators on asset-level transactions, including the full range of renewables such as wind farm, solar power, geothermal and hydrogen projects.
In addition to his energy and infrastructure work, Jens is renowned for advising tech companies and VC investors on financing rounds and related M&A work.
Jens has led on many market-leading deals. These include advising:
M&A General Energy:
- E.ON on the acquisition of innogy SE and the comprehensive sale and its renewables business to RWE AG, and on its comprehensive corporate restructuring to spin off a major part of the group under a separate listed entity, Uniper SE.
- European Energy Exchange on the corporate restructuring of energy spot exchange EPEX Spot SE based in Paris.
- Glenmont Partners on the acquisition of a 50%-stake in the 900 MW offshore wind farm project Borkum Riffgrund 3 from Ørsted.
- Glennmont Partners on the acquisition of a 25% stake in the offshore wind farm project Gode Wind 1 from Global Infrastructure Partners.
- Siemens Financial Services on the acquisition of 20% shares in the offshore wind farm Gemini in the Dutch North Sea.
- a group of investors, comprising Marguerite Fund, Siemens Financial Services and Danish pension funds Industries Pensions and PKA, on the acquisition and the financing of the offshore wind farm Butendiek in the German North Sea.
- UniCredit Bank on the sale of Bard Offshore 1, the first commercial German offshore wind farm, in an auction process to Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets.
- RWE Innogy on the sale of 85% of shares in the offshore wind farm project “Nordsee One” to a Canadian investor.
- Allianz Global Investors on three big onshore wind portfolio acquisitions in Germany and France.
- a German developer on the acquisition of a 250 MW onshore wind development project in Mongolia.
- Gothaer Versicherungen on the acquisition of shares in a 85 MW wind farm project in Sweden.
- Reliance Industries: Series C financing round as lead investor in NexWafe GmbH
- Mercuria Energy on the series C2 financing round for The Mobility House AG.
- Sensirion Holding AG: Acquisition of AI machine diagnosis start-up AiSight GmbH
- Australian unicorn Canva on the acquisition of a German software start-up.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan on its direct investments in Zalando and Global Fashion Group up until the respective IPOs.
Jens is an active member and treasurer of the Berlin charter of Round Table, a non-political and non-profit association that encourages high ethical standards in commercial life, the promotion of fellowship among young professionals and empowerment of individuals to make a positive impact at home, work and in the community.
Jens also delivers a twice-yearly general course on mergers and acquisitions at EUROFORUM, an event organiser drawing on recognised experts in the fields of economics, science and politics to create a platform for knowledge transfer and exchange of ideas.
Education and qualifications
Jens studied law and business studies at the University of Bayreuth and the University of Lausanne and holds a doctorate from the University of Münster.
He speaks English and German.