Antitrust & Foreign Investment Managing Associate, Brussels
"I advise on all aspects of EU and international competition law, with particular expertise in international merger control and Belgian and Dutch competition law. I am viewed as a pragmatic and efficient lawyer, with the right reflexes, commercial awareness and a client-focused approach."
Education and qualifications
Qualified in the Netherlands, Lodewick is a Managing Associate in our global Antitrust & Foreign Investment practice, based in Brussels.
Lodewick advises on the full range of competition matters with an emphasis on global merger control and Belgian and Dutch merger control and behavioral matters. Lodewick has particular experience in complex (phase 2) merger control matters that involved remedies.
Lodewick represents clients from around the world in dealings with competition authorities as well as in court litigation. Lodewick has particular expertise in the automotive, chemical, financial services, pharmaceutical, private equity and retail sectors.
Lodewick has advised clients in relation to many significant merger control and antitrust matters. This includes advising:
- DELA in relation to its acquisition of Yarden
- Linde on the global merger filing aspects of its US$90bn merger with Praxair
- Johnson & Johnson on the acquisition of Abbott Medical Optics
- Delhaize in relation to its merger with Ahold
- A leading global healthcare company in a dawn raid and antitrust investigation
- An electronic consumer goods company in relation to its appeal before the European Courts against a cartel fine imposed by the European Commission
- A consortium of Dutch and Belgian banks on the set-up of a joint venture for a new mobile payment solution
Lodewick jointed Linklaters in 2013. During his time at Linklaters, Lodewick spent six months in the firm’s London office.
Before joining Linklater, Lodewick interned at the European Commission’s Directorate General for Competition and the Dutch Competition Authority (ACM)
- Gerwin Van Gerven & Lodewick Prompers, “LG Electronics and Philips v Commission: Joint Venture Parents, Be Aware”, JECLAP 3/2018
- Maikel Van Wissen & Lodewick Prompers, “Big Data, Big Concerns? EU Competition Law Implications of the Changing Role of Big Data in the Financial Services Industry”, Competition Policy International, December 2016
- Nikolaos Peristerakis, Lodewick Prompers & Mar García, “The Commission’s Merger Enforcement in Mobile Mergers: Brave New World for Non-coordinated Effects?”, CPI Antitrust Chronicle, November 2015 (1)
- Jonas Koponen & Lodewick Prompers, “Personal and private: The competition analysis in the Facebook/WhatsApp decision”, Competition Law Insight, 9 June 2015
- S. Yilmaz & L.M.J.N. Prompers, “Keep Your Eyes Fixed on the Stars and Your Feet on the Ground: Recent Developments in the EU
- Telecommunications Sector from a Competition Law Perspective”, The Computer & Internet Lawyer, Volume 32, Number 1, January 2015
- L.M.J.N. Prompers, “Seller beware: uitsluiting van aanbestedingen op basis van een overtreding van het mededingingsrecht”, MP 2014/4, pp. 26-30
Education and qualifications
Lodewick holds a master degree from the University of Amsterdam and an MJur degree from Oxford University. During his time at university, Lodewick spent half a year on exchange at the New York University School of Law.
Lodewick speaks Dutch and English.