Corporate Real Estate Partner, London
"I am a corporate lawyer with extensive experience on real estate M&A transactions, joint ventures and development. I have strong inter-personal, organisational and leadership skills and in-depth sector specific knowledge to assist clients with commercial advice to efficiently execute challenging and complex real estate transactions."
Education and qualifications
Matthew is a corporate partner with deep sector specific real estate expertise and a dedicated focus on real estate M&A transactions. He has experience in the acquisition, disposal and development of real estate in UK and European markets across a range of asset classes including commercial real estate, retail, hotels, logistics and student accommodation. His clients include institutional and private equity investors, developers and asset managers.
Transactions of significance where substantial involvement can be disclosed include advising:
- Ho Bee Land on the acquisition of ‘The Scalpel’, the landmark office tower at 52 Lime Street in London
- PSP on the entry into a joint venture with Lendlease for the development of Milano Santa Giulia, a new district in Milan, Italy
- TIAA (Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association) on its disposal of a stake in the EUR5bn “CHOP” pan-European office platform
- Intu Properties on the disposal of a 50 per cent. stake in, and the entry into a joint venture with Cale Street in relation to, the Intu Derby shopping centre
- a joint venture held by Permodalan Nasional Bhd and Employees Provident Fund on the £1.6bn acquisition of the commercial and retail assets at Battersea Power Station
- Katara Hospitality on the acquisition of the Grosvenor House Hotel on Park Lane
- Lendlease on the entry into a joint venture with Starwood and the subsequent acquisition by the joint venture of The Silvertown Partnership which holds an interest in Silvertown Quays