Banking Partner, New York
Philip is a banking partner in Linklaters' New York office. He advises borrowers, arrangers and lenders on a wide variety of domestic and cross-border finance transactions. He has extensive experience handling acquisition financings, project financings, ship financings, syndicated and bilateral credit facilities, general corporate financings and debt restructurings.
Philip is ranked in Euromoney’s Rising Stars 2022 Expert Guide under Banking & Finance, which recognize individuals considered by peers and clients to be the best in their respective fields in the legal industry.
- Korea Development Bank: advising on a US$220m letter of credit facility to support the issuance of certain Midwestern Disaster Area Economic Development Revenue Refunding Bonds issued by the Iowa Finance Authority.
- Morgan Stanley: advising on a US$1.2bn Term Loan B financing to BYJU’s Alpha, Inc., the US subsidiary of Think and Learn Private Limited, an India-based company that provides educational services for state boards and government exams.
- National Beef Packing Company: advising as borrower, on a US$900m credit agreement with, among others, CoBank, ACB, as administrative agent.
- National Grid USA: advising on a US$400m bilateral term loan facility provided by Bank of America, N.A., as lender, to The Brooklyn Union Gas Company, a National Grid company.
- Leadenhall Capital Partners LLP: advising on its debt investments in certain regional insurance companies in the United States
- Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB: advising, as arranger, on various acquisition financings in the health care sector
- ING Capital LLC: advising on secured term loan and revolving credit facilities provided to Total Terminals International, LLC
- The arrangers: advising on its refinancing of senior secured credit facilities of a large container terminal operator with operations in major ports across the United States.