Capital Markets Partner, Hong Kong SAR
"I have significant experience working in Asia across the entire spectrum of debt and equity products and have led numerous landmark and innovative capital markets transactions. I am focused on leveraging my broad experience to deliver innovative solutions to clients in a clear and practical manner and seamless advice across products and jurisdictions."
Partner Promotions 2021
Education and qualifications
Partner Promotions 2021
Taiki joined the firm as an Associate in 2011 in Tokyo. He was promoted to Managing Associate in 2014 and moved to our offices in Hong Kong SAR in 2015 before being made Counsel in 2019. He advises on innovative securities transactions across a broad range of products and geographies, with a particular focus on convertible and exchangeable bonds, corporate hybrids and hybrid financing structures combining elements of loans, bonds and equities.
Taiki regularly conducts training both within the firm and externally. He is fluent in English and Japanese and has been trying to learn Chinese for the last five years.
What are you most looking forward to in your first year as partner?
I am looking forward to being part of the leadership team and injecting new energy in various initiatives I am passionate about, including diversity, innovation and technology.
What three words would you use to describe yourself?
Calm, decisive and determined.
Taiki advises underwriters, issuers and investors on a broad range of international capital markets transactions, with a focus on convertible and exchangeable bonds, corporate hybrids, medium term note programme establishments and drawdowns, private and pre-IPO fund raisings and regulatory capital transactions. He also has extensive experience advising on hybrid financing structures combining elements of loans, bonds and equities.
Taiki has advised on many of the region’s most innovative capital markets deals in recent years, including:
- C.H.M.T. Peaceful Development Asia Property Limited issuance of senior and mezzanine bonds to finance the acquisition in 2018 of The Center in Hong Kong, at the time the world’s most expensive commercial building valued at US$5.15bn
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation €1,000,000,000 0.55% Covered Bonds due 2023 issued pursuant to the €20,000,000,000 SMBC Covered Bond Programme, the first ever covered bond issued out Japan
- Link REIT HK$4,000,000,000 1.60% per cent. Guaranteed Green Convertible Bonds issued in 2019, the first green convertible bond issued out of the Asia-Pacific region
- FWD Limited and FWD Group Limited issuances of convertible preference shares and cumulative and non-cumulative perpetual bonds, including a rare zero coupon subordinated perpetual bond issued in 2017
- Road King Infrastructure US$300 million 7.95% Senior Guaranteed Perpetual Capital Securities, the first ever fixed for life high yield issuance
- PT Jasa Marga (Persero) Tbk Rp.4,000,000,000,000 7.50% Rupiah Denominated U.S. Dollar Settled due 2020, the first ever global Rupiah denominated bonds
- State Bank of India US$300 million issuance of 5.5% additional Tier 1 perpetual notes under its US$10 billion MTN programme, the first offshore Basel III – compliant AT1 capital issuance by an Indian bank