Corporate Partner, London
"I am a corporate partner who specialises in equity capital markets and listing rules driven transactions of all types, in particular IPOs and secondary capital raisings."
Education and qualifications
Tom is a corporate partner based in London who specialises in equity capital markets and listing rules driven transactions. He regularly advises on IPOs, secondary capital raisings, M&A financings, private placements, redomiciles and demergers. His clients include corporates, investment banks, investment funds and other stakeholders. Tom also provides general corporate advice to a number of listed clients.
Tom spent two years in the equity capital markets execution team at Morgan Stanley between 2013 and 2015 where he gained significant commercial experience and was a member of the bank’s underwriting committee. He has also spent time in the firm’s Hong Kong and Moscow offices and on secondment to Credit Suisse.
Tom has advised on many substantial corporate and capital markets transactions including:
- IPOs and listings of Dr. Martens, Moonpig, Helios Towers, Trainline, Huatai Securities, Funding Circle, Steinhoff Africa Retail, Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank, Card Factory, Sberbank, Vallares, New World Resources, Etalon Group, Vallar and BH Global and proposed IPOs of Misys, FxPro, Churchill Retirement and The Priory Group
- Modulaire and TDR Capital on the dual-track IPO and M&A process which culminated in the sale of Modulaire to Brookfield Business Partners and BGL Group (comparethemarket.com) and its shareholders on the dual-track IPO and M&A process which culminated in the sale of a 30% stake in BGL to CPPIB
- rights issues by Mitie, Aston Martin, Marks & Spencer, The Restaurant Group, D.S. Smith, Kier, Melrose Industries, Aquarius Platinum and HSBC and the proposed capital raising by Intu Properties
- placings by Helios Towers, Yellow Cake, William Hill, Biffa, The Restaurant Group, Arion Bank, D.S. Smith, BKSYB and Evraz and a number of secondary sell-downs
- Helios Towers on its class 1 acquisition of Omantel’s tower assets in Oman and Mitie on its class 1 acquisition of Interserve’s facilities management business
- sponsors on the class 1 acquisition by Jupiter Asset Management of Merian, the reverse takeover by Flutter Entertainment of STARS Group, the class 1 acquisition by The Restaurant Group of Wagamama, the class 1 acquisitions by D.S. Smith of Interstate Resources and Europac and the reverse takeover by Melrose Industries of Nortek
- while at Morgan Stanley, international capital markets transactions including the IPOs of Aena and Cellnex (Spain), Rocket Internet and Zalando (Germany) and Alexander Forbes (South Africa) and secondary capital raisings by Telefonica (Spain) and National Bank of Greece