Yves is generally acknowledged as one of Belgium’s leading real estate practitioners, and leads the real estate practice in the firm’s Brussels office. He has extensive experience in real estate investments and divestments, public procurement, financing and taxation, as well as in construction law, M&A, notarial law, projects, registration duties and the structuring of real estate projects and joint ventures.
Yves also has specialist expertise in leasing (financial and/or VAT) and lease agreements (office, residential and commercial). He advises the principal Belgian lessors (mainly financial companies) and lessees (mainly companies) in the context of the setting up or dismantling complex leasing transactions.
Yves advises on both real estate (sale, long-term lease, leasing, split-structure) and corporate real estate transactions and on M&A transactions that are not real estate-based.
Yves has led on many of the market’s major real estate transactions. These include advising:
- Cofinimmo and CFE on the NEO II public procurement, the successful award by the regions and city of Brussels of the second redevelopment phase of the Heysel convention centre and hotel
- Inter Real Estate Trusty CVA on the sale of all the shares in Shopping Rive Gauche and Residential Rive Gauche, two companies owning the Rive Gauche Commercial Centre and related residential properties, to ESCF II JV 2, a fund managed by CBRE Global Investors
- Holdbru and TPF International on the sale of all the shares in NEG, a company owning the Docks Bruxsel Commercial Centre
- Integrale and Ethias on the acquisition of all the shares in Delo 1, the company owning Deloitte's headquarters in Luxembourg, due to open in 2019
- Immobel, a real estate developer listed on Euronext Brussels, on its merger with Allfin, creating the largest listed real estate developer in Belgium
Yves is a member of the Urban Land Institute.
Education and qualifications
Yves studied law at the University of Liège and holds a licence in notarial law from the Catholic University of Leuven and a master’s in international law from Queens' College, University of Cambridge.
He speaks English and French.