The UAE is known as a hub for global trade and investments, serving as a major financial centre in the region. With the financing options becoming more complex and innovative, businesses and investors need to work with a law firm that can help them navigate this changing landscape.
We are recognised leaders in the banking and finance sector in the region and we have been involved in some of the most significant high grade syndicated finance, acquisition finance, debt restructuring, real estate and project development finance and structured finance transactions in the Middle East. You can also benefit from our comprehensive experience in financial regulation, having previously advised on strategically important regulatory reform projects, such as the LIBOR transition projects.Highlights of our work in the UAE include:
- Emirates NBD Bank: advising on the region’s first sustainability-linked loan.
- DP World: advising the arrangers on the US$9bn facilities for the take-private of DP World.
- Abu Dhabi National Energy Company (TAQA): advising the mandated lead arrangers on several facilities for TAQA, including on a US$3.5bn RCF.
- Reem Hospital, Reem Island: advising Reem Hospital LLC and Blue Apple Property Management LLC as borrowers in connection with Shariah-compliant refinancing facilities of the post-completion development financing of the Reem Hospital estate on Reem Island, Abu Dhabi.
- Du Telecom: advising the arrangers on the AED 4.5bn dual conventional and Islamic term and revolving credit facility agreement to Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company PJSC (Du Telecom).
- Meydan Group: advising the company on its multi-billion-dollar reorganisation and debt restructuring.
- Limitless LLC: advising the company on its debt restructuring plan.
- Port & Free Zones World: advising the financiers on the US$1.1bn conventional and Sharia compliant facilities for Ports & Free Zones World.
- International and local banks: advising on their LIBOR-transition and remediation projects covering a wide ranging of financing products.