The team is familiar with all principal financing techniques used in the asset finance industry, advising on commercial, export credit-supported, tax-based, and Islamic financings as well as on “true sale” and synthetic asset securitisations. It advises both on the financing of specific assets and on the acquisition, disposal and financing of asset portfolios, acting for major banks, lessors, manufacturers and operators around the world.
Our asset finance lawyers work with Linklaters’ pre-eminent banking, capital markets, securitisation, project finance, insolvency, litigation, real estate, environment and tax teams. They advise on market-standard financing techniques and develop innovative financing structures for transactions involving aviation, information technology, plants and equipment, rolling stock and shipping.
Recent experience includes advising:
- Hannover Leasing on a mezzanine KG financing relating to one Airbus A380 aircraft operated by Emirates
- VistaJet on a US$81m financing provided by Deutshe Bank AG secured on four Bombardier aircraft
- VistaJet on the restructuring of its fleet facilities with Export Development Canada, Investec Bank, ICBC, Bocomm, China Merchant Bank and others, as part of a re-organisation from a Swiss to a Maltese corporate structure
- a bank on a series of structured lease financings of container vessels for various Korean shipping lines including Hanjin, STX and PO
- UBS AG on the financing of nearly 100 corporate aircraft, including both loan and lease structures and covering over 70 clients and nearly 20 jurisdictions
- Hapag-Lloyd AG on a term loan facility arranged by Banco Latinoamericano de Comercio Exterior
- on the Octopus LNG project in Chile, including charter arrangements relating to an FSRU
- China Development Bank in relation to a VLCC ship-backed US$50m facility for Brightoil Petroleum
- Vale S.Ain a K-Sure backed financing of around US$500 million to fund seven new-build vessels
- China Development Bank on the Sinosure supported financing of a drilling jack up rig for a Ukrainian oil & gas company
- Norwegian Air Shuttle on the sale and leaseback of 2 x Boeing B737 800 aircraft financed by Bank of America Leasing Ireland Company Limited and on the US$133 million financing of its pre-delivery payments for ten Boeing B737-800 aircraft