We have extensive experience in advising hedge fund managers and fund of hedge fund managers on all aspects of their business. Our experienced team regularly advises on the formation of a broad range of hedge funds and hedge fund of funds, including quantitative trading funds, equity and fixed income long-short funds, macro funds, distressed debt and other distressed investment and hybrid fund vehicles, as well as numerous funds of funds domiciled in (among other jurisdictions) Delaware, the Cayman Islands, Irish-listed funds and Luxembourg.
We can also advise on the appropriate location of onshore and offshore fund vehicles taking into account tax, regulatory and logistical issues, as well as negotiating seeding, retrocession, capacity and other key investment agreements and side letters; negotiating administration, distribution, custodial, secretarial and other key service provider agreements.
- A Global investment Bank: advising in connection with negotiating the appointment of new investment managers to its open-architecture multi-manager hedge fund platform.
- A number of hedge fund managers: advising on a variety of funds issues including fund marketing, regulatory issues and house arrangements, including CQS, Moore Capital, H2O, and Metage Capital.
- Alcentra: advising on the establishment of the Alcentra Special Situations Fund and ongoing advice in relation to a number of Alcentra products.
- Deutsche Bank: advising on its market leading hedge fund platforms dbX and AFS, including negotiating with a number of hedge fund managers in that context.
- Emso: advising on its spin out from Citibank and ongoing house advice.
- Paul Capital: advising on a complex multi-jurisdictional friendly takeover of a hedge fund portfolio.