Financial Regulation Partner, Washington, D.C.
I advise globally active financial services firms on their most challenging regulatory, transactional, and enforcement matters.
Education and qualifications
Highlights of Don's experience include advising:
A large foreign banking organization before the Federal Reserve Board in connection with its review and remediation of Bank Holding Company Act (BHCA) compliance issues, including the restructuring and divestiture of non-conforming assets.
- A major non-US government investment fund regarding bank regulatory and structuring matters for private equity, credit, venture capital, and other fund investments, including compliance with the BHCA and Volcker Rule.
- Multiple U.S. hedge funds in connection with bank and savings and loan holding company investments and related regulatory and supervisory inquiries initiated by the Federal Reserve Board and various state authorities.
- A major non-U.S. bank trade association before the Federal Reserve Board in connection with advocacy efforts on key regulatory initiatives, including the FBO tailoring proposal and the proposal to amend BHCA control rules.
- Several major international banking organizations with respect to cross-border asset management and fiduciary activities, including structuring private investment funds and related products to comply with the BHCA, Volcker Rule, and intermediate holding company (IHC) regulations.
- A large non-U.S. banking group regarding legal authority and structuring issues related to U.S. real estate-related activities and investments.
- A large foreign banking organization in connection with the acquisition of a U.S. asset manager and expansion of a U.S. private wealth platform.
- Recommended, Investment fund formation and management: Alternative/hedge funds, The Legal 500 U.S. (2021)
- Member, Banking Editorial Advisory Board, Law360 (2020)
- Rising Star, Financial Services Regulation, IFLR1000 (2018, 2019)
- Member, Federal Bar Association Executive Council of the Banking Law Section