Linklaters has a formal association with Widyawan & Partners (W&P), one of Indonesia's leading full-service law firms, specialising in Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate M&A and Projects & Infrastructure.
W&P currently has over 20 qualified lawyers, led by a team of three partners and two foreign legal advisors. The lawyers have a deep understanding of both the Indonesian and international market, having worked with many of Indonesia’s largest corporations and multinational firms on their strategic transactions.
Linklaters has long-standing international experience working on significant, complex, global transactions for multinational clients, combining legal expertise with a collaborative and innovative approach to help them navigate the constantly evolving markets and regulatory environments. The Linklaters and W&P formal association allows us to deliver market-leading international and Indonesian law capabilities and exceptional client service in a streamlined manner. Our combined expertise boasts a strong record of executing transactions in Indonesia, coupled with an excellent working knowledge of the Indonesian legal and regulatory environment.
Recent significant transactions of the formal association include advising:
- Inpex Masela on the development and financing of its LNG project in Masela Block, Eastern Indonesia
- PT Pamapersada Nusantara on its acquisition of Indonesia’s Martabe gold and silver mine valued at US$1.21bn – believed to be the biggest ever gold deal in Asia
- the joint lead bookrunners on the US$4bn senior notes issued by PT Indonesia Asahan Aluminium under Regulation S / Rule 144A offering
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia in the auction sale of its Indonesian life insurance business, PT Commonwealth Life, to FWD Group for US$290m
- SKK Migas, East Kalimantan Gas Producers (ENI, Chevron and Pertamina subsidiaries) and PT Badak NGL on the new Bontang LNG Processing Agreement
Our renowned experience is recognised by the market:
"They have a good presence in Indonesia and a good network internationally.”
Band 1 - Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019, Corporate & Finance: Indonesia