As competition authorities are increasingly conducting simultaneous raids in a number of countries, companies need to ensure that their response is rapid and well co-ordinated.
For 24/7 assistance, please call our dawn raid hotline on 0207 456 5055
In the event of a dawn raid, companies need immediate legal assistance. Linklaters has extensive experience of assisting clients with dawn raids, ensuring a unified and efficient response to regulators across multiple jurisdictions and protecting our clients’ rights in any subsequent cartel or other antitrust investigation.
Linklaters works with clients to ensure that they are prepared for a dawn raid by:
- assisting with the design, implementation and ongoing assessment of tailored competition compliance programmes
- advising on and preparing dawn raid guidelines and procedures for employees to follow in the event of an inspection by competition authorities
- conducting a dawn raid response audit to test client procedures for dealing with a dawn raid
- providing face-to-face training and eLearning programmes on handling a dawn raid
In the event of a dawn raid, Linklaters assists clients by:
- providing a 24/7 dawn raid hotline for clients to call in the event of a raid; the dedicated telephone number puts clients in immediate contact with the right lawyers in the right jurisdictions across Europe who have the expertise and practical experience to support them through the inspection. In jurisdictions where Linklaters has no office, the hotline will connect clients with a trusted advisor who is part of our best friend network. The 24/7 dawn raid hotline saves clients valuable time locating individual lawyers in multiple jurisdictions and ensures an efficient and cohesive response to the competition authorities
- rapid on-site assistance during the dawn raid facilitated by our extensive global network
- defending our clients’ interests in any subsequent cartel or other competition investigation
Recent experience includes attending and assisting clients during numerous dawn raids including commodity trading, healthcare, aviation, oil and gas trading, energy, banking, food and beverage, retail, automotive-fuel, manufacturing and supply chain industries.