As countries in the Middle East consider ways to promote sustainable economic growth, the financial industry in the region is going through radical transformation. To meet their capital raising objectives, clients need to work with a law firm that can help them navigate this complex landscape.
We are recognised leaders in the banking and finance sector in the region and we have been involved in some of the most significant high grade syndicated finance, acquisition finance, debt restructuring, real estate and project development finance and structured finance transactions in the Middle East. Clients can also benefit from our comprehensive experience in financial regulation, having previously advised on strategically important regulatory reform projects, such as the LIBOR transition projects.
Highlights of our work in the region include:
- The Oil and Gas Holding Company B.S.C. (nogaholding): advising on the first ESG Day 1 SOFR US$2.2bn dual tranche conventional and Murabaha facilities in GCC (Loan Deal of the Year, IFLR Middle East Awards 2022).
- Emirates NBD Bank: advising on the region’s first sustainability-linked loan.
- OQ: advising the arrangers on several US$1bn+ loan facilities.
- DP World: advising the arrangers on the US$9bn facilities for the take-private of DP World.
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: advising the mandated lead arrangers on a US$16bn dual conventional and Islamic financing for the Kingdom.
- Saudi Electricity Company: advising SEC as borrower on its dual conventional and Islamic term and revolving facilities with total commitments across both facilities over US$5.5bn.
- Meydan Group: advising the company on its multi-billion-dollar reorganisation and debt restructuring.
- Limitless LLC: advising the company on its debt restructuring plan.
- LIBOR transition: advising on the large regulatory reform LIBOR-transition projects of international and regional banks.