In addition to our sponsor practice, we also have a strong and diverse investor practice. We are experienced in the commercial, tax, legal, regulatory and policy concerns that need to be considered when investing in private funds.
We represent major Asian and Middle Eastern sovereign wealth funds, development finance institutions and more than 20 UK, Canadian, Australian and Dutch pension funds. As a result, we are experts in everything from a lengthy cornerstone investor negotiation to an individual, bespoke investment management arrangement, fund investments, co-investments, strategic programmes and secondaries transactions, both LP and GP-led.
By acting for a wide range of investors we gain exposure to the broader market and the latest approach to fund terms. Acting on both sides of the table gives us a deep understanding of the drivers that influence sponsors and investors and provides us with a rounded perspective of the market. This allows us to anticipate all aspects involved in the life-cycle of a fund and offer advice accordingly.
- Fund investments: advised on over 175 investments into fund vehicles investing US$25 billion in the last 12 months across private equity, credit, real estate, infrastructure and hedge fund investments.
- Co-investments: advised on 25 single asset and co-investment vehicles in the last 12 months, across private equity, credit, real estate and infrastructure.
- Managed accounts: advised sovereign wealth funds, large pension funds and insurance companies on their managed account and co-investment platforms investing approximately US$10 billion in the last 12 months.
- European private equity funds: advised cornerstone investors on their investments into PAI Europe VIII, Charterhouse Capital Fund XI, Mid Europa V, Investindustrial VII, Apax X and BC Partners XI
- US private equity funds: advised on investments into the following flagship US private equity funds: Clayton, Dubilier & Rice Fund XI, Vista Equity Partners Fund VIII, WCAS XIII, Littlejohn Fund VI, Hellman & Friedman Capital Partners X, TA Associates XIV and Thoma Bravo Fund XII
- Real estate funds: advised on investments in Brookfield Strategic Real Estate IV, Greystar Equity Partners Europe I, BC Partners Real Estate Fund I, Blackstone Real Estate Partners Europe VI, Blackstone Property Partners Asia and GLP Europe Income Partners II.
- Infrastructure funds: advised on investments in Antin Infrastructure Fund IV, EQT Infrastructure V, Copenhagen Infrastructure IV, Brookfield Super-Core Infrastructure Partners, Actis Energy 5 and JPM Infrastructure Investment Fund
- Credit funds: advised on investments in Oaktree Global Credit Fund, Oaktree Opportunities Fund XI, Apollo Hybrid Value Fund II, Park Square Capital Partners IV, GSO Capital Opportunities Fund IV, Ares Capital Europe V