"I am trusted by leading financial sponsors to deliver their most important transactions across Europe and beyond."
Ben co-heads the global financial sponsors sector at Linklaters. He advises private equity houses and other financial sponsors across all forms of leveraged M&A, co-investments, disposals, restructurings and portfolio company issues. A regular fixture on Europe’s most high-profile private equity transactions, Ben is recommended as a leading private equity lawyer by Chambers, Legal 500 and IFLR and is described as having ‘good commercial judgment’ and being ‘unflappable and pragmatic’. Ben is also a trustee for the Social Mobility Foundation.
- Apax Partners on the sale of Unilabs, a global lab business to AP Moller - the largest European Healthcare PE exit in 2021
- Telemos Capital on the sale of Sanoptis, a leading European ophthalmology services group, to family-backed investment holding company Groupe Bruxelles Lambert
- BC Partners on the acquisition of Davies Group – reported to value the business at £1.2bn
- A financial investor on the carve-out of Lloyd’s Register’s Business Assurance & Inspection Services division (LRQA) and subsequent bolt-on acquisition of Hong Kong headquartered Elevate
- Warburg Pincus and Towerbrook on their announced P2P of the AA plc – valuing the group at c.£3bn
- Apax Partners on the acquisition of Rodenstock, a manufacturer of ophthalmic lenses, from Compass Partners – reported to value the business at $1.8bn
- Telemos Capital in respect of the US1.2bn merger of Lovehoney and WOWtech
- Macquarie on the sale of Wheelabrator Technologies UK to First Sentier Investors
- Hg’s Genesis 7 Fund, Montagu and other selling investors on the sale of a stake in Visma to a consortium of investors including Hg Saturn 2 Fund, TPG, Warburg Pincus and CPPIB. The transaction values the business at US$12.2bn
- Apax Partners on the sale of shares in Neuraxpharm, a leading European pharmaceutical company, to funds advised by Permira. Reported to value the business at greater than €1.6bn