Corporate (Private Equity) Managing Associate, London
"I aim to combine technical skill with practical, commercial advice to help clients navigate complex situations and achieve their goals in the most efficient way possible"
Education and qualifications
Carol advises private equity houses and other financial sponsors on the full range of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, co-investments, joint ventures, and corporate reorganisations. She has particular experience on cross-border and international transactions and in the infrastructure, technology, and healthcare sectors.
Carol completed a six-month secondment to Westpac Banking Corporation in 2018 where she advised on the bank’s response to the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry in Australia, and related projects.
Carol’s recent experience includes advising:
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP) on its acquisition of 25% of SSE plc's electricity transmission network business for £1.465bn.
- DigitalBridge on its exit from Wildstone, the leading owner of independent outdoor media infrastructure in the UK, to Antin Infrastructure Partners for an enterprise value of £950m.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) on the sale of their 48.02% voting stake in Arqiva Group Limited, a UK-based wireless infrastructure provider of television and radio broadcasting services, to Digital 9 Infrastructure for £459m.
- Ara Partners on its investment in CF Pathways, a provider of net-zero solutions and sustainable energy supply across Europe and the UK helping large customers navigate the energy transition.
- BlackRock Global Renewable Power on its investment into IONITY, Europe’s leading high power charging network company, as part of a €700m investment round, together with existing shareholders BMW Group, Mercedes-Benz AG, Ford Motor Company, Hyundai Motor Group, KIA, Volkswagen Group, Audi and Porsche.
- Vodafone Hutchison Australia on its merger by scheme of arrangement with TPG (formerly ASX:TPM), with the new entity, TPG Telecom Limited (ASX:TPB) having a pro forma value of approximately AU$15bn on listing.
Prior to joining Linklaters in 2021, Carol practiced as a lawyer in the Corporate team at King & Wood Mallesons in Sydney, Australia.
Associate to Her Honour Judge S. J. Gibb, District Court of New South Wales (Australia) in 2017.
Education and qualifications
Carol holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Commerce (Business Economics) from the University of New South Wales. She was on the Faculty of Law & Justice Dean’s List for Outstanding Achievement in a Course and placed first in LAWS3087: Introduction to the American Legal System (Berkeley).
She also obtained a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the College of Law.
Carol is qualified in New South Wales, Australia.