Finance Partner, Brussels
“I assist companies to raise finance. I build long-term relationships with my clients so that I understand fully their business requirements and am always there for them. On top of that, I have extensive deal experience and have worked on several innovative structures.”
Education & Qualifications
David is widely regarded as one of Belgium’s leading banking and capital markets lawyers. He advises both borrowers and lenders on the full spectrum of finance transactions, including leverage, TLB and acquisition bank financing, investment grade borrowing, and cross-over credits. He regularly assists issuers and underwriters on bond issuances, including convertible and bank-bond financings. He also advises financial institutions on their regulatory capital transactions.
David’s practice also focuses on advising issuers and underwriters on corporate capital raisings, including IPOs, private placements and accelerated bookbuild offerings.
David has knowledge of a wide range of sectors, including for businesses in the energy, technology, biotech and real estate sectors.
David has led on many major deals. These include advising:
- Shurgard Self Storage, the largest owner and operator of self-storage facilities in Europe, on its €300m 2031 senior green notes and €250m USPP shelf note facility agreement and its €575m IPO and listing on Euronext Brussels
- Elia System Operator, the transmission system operator for high-voltage electricity in Belgium and Eastern Germany, on its €435m equity rights offering, and Elia Transmission Belgium on its €650m sustainability-linked revolving credit facility agreement, EMTN programme and €800,000,000 inaugural issue
- Umicore on its €500 million convertible bond, €330m German Schuldschein issue and €360m and €390m U.S. private placement notes
- Fluvius System Operator CV, on the establishment of its €5 bn guaranteed EMTN programme and inaugural issuance of €600m 2030 fixed rate notes
- ageas, on its €500m Solvency II tier 2-compliant issuance and €750m restricted tier 1 notes issue combined with its liability management exercise in relation to its outstanding FRESH securities
- Akka Technologies on its €200m reserved PIPE equity capital increase, €175m convertible bond, €355m revolving facility agreement and €450m Schuldschein issue
- Kinepolis on various private placements of senior notes and its revolving credit facility, including its €80m additional liquidity line to bridge the Covid-19 pandemic
- Belfius Bank on its EMTN programme and various notes and regulatory capital issuances
Education & Qualifications
David studied law at the University of Ghent and economic sciences at the Catholic University of Leuven, and holds a master in tax law from the Catholic University of Leuven as well as a master in law from Harvard Law School.
He speaks English, Dutch and French.