U.S. Tax Counsel, New York
"I have a broad-based practice providing U.S. tax advice on cross-border and U.S. domestic transactions with a focus on financial institutions, alternative investment funds and institutional investors."
Education and qualifications
Gabe has a wide-ranging corporate, finance and structuring tax practice, with a particular focus on the U.S. tax issues faced by financial institutions, alternative investment funds and institutional investors. He has extensive experience in advising clients on the tax and structuring issues arising from their capital markets and financing transactions. In addition, Gabe has advised on a variety of cross-border investments including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, restructurings (both in bankruptcy and out of court restructurings), and reorganizations. In addition, Gabe has experience working for fund sponsors on fund formation, restructuring and financing transactions. Gabe’s diverse experience gives him unique perspective on the tax issues his clients face, working to develop commercial solutions.
Gabe spent over 3 years in the role of tax structuring counsel at an alternative investment advisor focused on distressed debt opportunities. In that role he advised broadly on tax matters involved in the negotiation of offering documents, response to investor tax queries, restructuring of portfolio investments, and optimization of tax structuring for fund investments.
Gabe also spent three years working from our London office.
- Leading global asset manager: advising on the structuring of investment funds, joint ventures and portfolio investment activity
- Various U.S. and European investment banks: advising on issuances of structured products and securitization transactions
- Global lending consortium: advising on a mezzanine financing for a $1.3b power generation facility
- Moolec Sciences: advising on $376m de-SPAC transaction
- KeySpan Gas East Corporation: advising on its SEC-registered notes offering