Capital Markets Partner, London
“For more than 20 years, I have been advising multinational corporates, family offices, financial sponsors and banks seeking to raise capital, with a particular focus on equity capital markets transactions and the provision of ongoing corporate sustainability and compliance-related advice to companies across a wide variety of sectors. I combine deep market expertise with a commercial, solutions-based approach and passion for achieving the best outcomes for the firm’s clients.”
Jason is widely regarded as a leading capital markets lawyer, and is Global Co-head of the Firm’s Equities practice. He advises clients on the life cycle of their equity capital markets activities, from early stage fundraising through to IPOs and secondary market capital raisings, including accelerated bookbuildings and rights issues, as well as cross-border M&A and debt capital market transactions. As a member of the firm’s cross-practice ESG team, Jason has a particular focus on ESG disclosure and governance issues, and is a member of the United Nations Sustainable Stock Exchanges Advisory Group on Climate Disclosure. Jason has also been at the forefront of the development of the European SPAC market, advising sponsors and underwriters in connection with SPAC IPOs on the Amsterdam and London stock exchanges.
Jason has led the teams on many of the firm’s most complex cross-border capital markets transactions, and has developed particular expertise advising clients listing in the UK, Benelux and MENA regions.
Jason’s experience spans many industry sectors, with particular expertise in fintech, financial services, consumer and industrials.
Jason has led on many notable capital markets and corporate transactions. These include advising:
- VAM Investments SPAC B.V. and Energy Transition Partners B.V.: advising the Sponsors and the Issuers on their respective IPOs and listings on Euronext Amsterdam.
- The underwriters: advising in connection with the Euronext Amsterdam listings and IPOs of Pegasus Acquisition Company Europe B.V., Pegasus Entrepreneurial Acquisition Company Europe B.V. and Brigade M-3 European Acquisition Corp.
- Goldman Sachs and J.P. Morgan: advising as placement agents on the PIPE in connection with Odyssey Acquisition SPAC’s proposed merger with Benevolent AI.
- Gulf Marine Services in connection with its listing on the Premium segment of the London Stock Exchange, its 2019 requisitioned EGM to replace its board and its successful defence of the attempted public takeover by Seafox International
- ASA International in connection with its listing on the Premium segment of the London Stock Exchange
- Emaar Malls and Emaar Properties on their respective listings on the Dubai Financial Market
- Marwyn Investment Management and Wilmcote Holdings on the proposed reverse takeover of an SEC-registered U.S. chemicals company and accelerated IPO financing
- Metro Bank in connection with its IPO and listing on the Premium segment of the London Stock Exchange, undocumented secondary market placings and its fully documented 2019 Firm Placing
Work highlights continued
- Al Noor Hospitals: advising in connection with its IPO and listing on the Premium segment of the London Stock Exchange and its subsequent reverse takeover by Mediclinic International.
- The underwriters: advising in connection with the IPO of Takeaway.com on Euronext Amsterdam, its follow-on acquisition financing to acquire Delivery Hero and the accelerated bookbuild equity and convertible bond offerings by JustEat Takeaway plc.
- The underwriters: advising on the IPOs and Euronext Amsterdam listings of Allfunds Group PLC and Ebusco N.V.
- The underwriters: advising on the IPOs of Russian groups Softline Holding PLC and Nordgold PLC on the London Stock Exchange and PAO Sovcomflot on MICEX.
Jason studied economics and psychology at Northwestern University, Illinois, and holds a Juris Doctor from Stanford Law School.