Dr. Klaus von der Linden
Corporate/M&A Counsel, Düsseldorf
"I focus on challenging corporate law and corporate governance issues, advising board members and executives of Germany’s major corporates and financial institutions. I am innovative and economically-minded in the advice I give to my clients."
Education and qualifications
Klaus is a Counsel in the Düsseldorf office, Mainstream Corporate Practice. He has specialised experience in stock corporation law and corporate group law, including public general meetings, corporate litigation, and corporate governance.
- advising Deutsche Bank AG on an internal investigation into its cross-border trading of carbon emission certificates, on general meetings, and on numerous lawsuits filed by minority shareholders
- advising E.ON SE on the takeover offer to the shareholders of Innogy SE
- advising Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA on the acquisition of several hospitals from Rhön Klinikum AG, on numerous general meetings, and on numerous lawsuits filed by minority shareholders
- advising IKB Deutsche Industriebank AG on several aspects of its financial crisis including numerous general meetings, numerous lawsuits filed by minority shareholders, and a comprehensive special audit
- advising Volkswagen AG on general meetings and on numerous lawsuits filed by minority shareholders, particularly in the context of the so-called diesel-matter
- advising Vodafone on the domination and profit transfer agreement with Kabel Deutschland Holding AG
Klaus is a regular speaker on conferences and seminars on corporate law and capital markets. Furthermore, he has published numerous books, articles, and annotations on this subject. His publications include:
- Beck Handbook on Stock Corporations (Beck’sches Handbuch der AG), edited by Drinhausen and Eckstein, 3rd ed. 2018, § 25. Corporate Governance Code
- Handbook on Takeover Law according to the German Securities Acquisition and Takeover Act (Handbuch des Übernahmerechts nach dem WpÜG), edited by Paschos and Fleischer, 2017, § 28. Legal Protection in Administrative Procedures
- Nomos Commentary on Stock Corporation Law and Capital Markets Law (Nomos Kommentar zum Aktienrecht und Kapitalmarktrecht), edited by Heidel, 3rd ed. 2011, 4th ed. 2014, 5th ed. 2018, Explanation of §§ 142–146 AktG: Special Audit; §§ 258–261a AktG: Special Audit concerning Unlawful Undervaluation
- German Corporate Governance Code (Deutscher Corporate Governance Kodex), Commentary, edited by Wilsing, 2012, Explanation of § 161 AktG: Declaration on the Corporate Governance Code; § 289a HGB: Corporate Governance Statement; Section 1: Preamble; Section 6: Transparency
He is a member of the Scientific Association for Business and Corporate Law (Wissenschaftliche Vereinigung für Unternehmens- und Gesellschaftsrecht, VGR).
Education and qualifications
Klaus studied law and obtained a doctorate from the University of Cologne.
He speaks German and English.