Corporate M&A Partner, Singapore
"I focus on corporate investments, principally transactions involving private equity and financial sponsors. I provide pragmatic solutions to our clients and their stakeholders to help deliver their most significant deals."
Education and qualifications
Rob has extensive experience acting for clients in Europe and Asia on cross-border transactions, including private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, growth capital investments and corporate reorganisations. His experience acting for financial sponsors on the full range of investment stages, including venture capital investments and control buy-outs, means he provides solutions across a company’s growth cycle.
He has acted on transactions in sectors including technology, infrastructure, education, real estate and services.
During his time in London, Rob spent time on secondment to HgCapital (now Hg), a leading European-headquartered private equity house.
- Actis on its acquisition of a majority stake in a Singapore-incorporated platform joint venture, alongside Levanta Renewables to set up to hold three onshore wind assets in development in Vietnam and to invest in a further pipeline of Southeast Asian renewable energy opportunities.
- Global Power Synergy Public Company Limited on its acquisition of a 25% interest in the 595MW Changfang and Xidao (CFXD) offshore wind farms in Taiwan from Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners.
- Summa Equity, a thematic investment firm defined by purpose-driven investments designed to address social, environmental, and business challenges that need to be solved as a society, on its control buyout of Sengenics Corporation Pte. Ltd., a functional proteomics company with a unique technology for production of full-length, correctly folded and functional proteins designed to advance precision medicine.
- Qatar Investment Authority on its lead investment in Insider, a Singapore-incorporated software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider of AI-driven advertising solutions, as part of Insider’s Series D fundraising valuing it at US$1.22bn, and its lead investment in Oricell Therapeutics, a China-based innovative pharmaceutical company committed to the development of tumour cellular immunotherapeutics, as part of Oricell’s Series B1 investment round.
- DigitalBridge on its establishment of EdgePoint Infrastructure, its ASEAN tower investment platform, and the expansion of Vantage Data Centers into Asia Pacific, as well as various underlying investments.
- Verlinvest on various transactions relating to its global education platform headquartered in Singapore, including its divestment of interests in European International School, Vietnam, to Inspired, a platform backed by Warburg Pincus and TA Associates, and its PIPE investment in Myanmar Strategic Holdings, a LSE-listed platform.