"I advise leading corporations and financial institutions, including their boards, on significant corporate transactions, crisis management and regulatory investigations, as well as a wide range of advisory matters including corporate governance, senior hires and terminations, workforce engagement, accountability, executive pay, management incentives, ESG, global remuneration regulation and risk."
Alex advises numerous global corporations and financial institutions including over a third of the FTSE 30, over two-thirds of the top 20 global banks and over half the top 20 global asset managers.
She has extensive experience working with boards, lawmakers, regulators and industry bodies on the development of new legislation and regulation.
She regularly advises clients in a wide range of sectors including banks, funds, tech, luxury, healthcare, industrials, consumer and insurance.
Alex is on the Board of Trustees of St Mungo's, the UK homelessness charity, and Chair of its People and Governance Committee. She also chairs Linklaters' London Social Impact Committee and is a member of Business in the Community’s London Leadership Board. Business in the Community is the oldest and largest business-led membership organisation dedicated to responsible business.
Alex’s experience includes working on the following high-profile deals:
- Just Eat on its merger with Takeaway.com
- Investec on the de-merger of Investec Asset Management
- Unilever on its approach from Kraft
- MetroBank and Aldermore on their IPOs
- Ophir Energy on its acquisition of Salamander Energy
- Al Noor Hospitals on its merger with Mediclinic
- GDF Suez on its acquisition of International Power
Alex is often quoted in the media and has appeared on BBC Radio 4’s Today Programme, BBC World, CNN, CNBC and Sky News. She has been quoted by the press worldwide including in the Financial Times, Wall Street Journal and New York Times.
Alex edits Linklaters’ Global Remuneration Guide, which is a definitive guide to remuneration rules across the globe, and has written extensively on employee incentives and remuneration regulation. Examples of her articles include:
- Rules of engagement—remuneration for employers and employees, November 2016, Lexis Nexis
- “How to solve the five most common malus and clawback issues”, Compliance Monitor, December 2015
- “Tougher curbs on bankers’ pay”, Compliance Monitor, July 2015
- Bankers’ Bonuses: Will The Proposed Cap Fit? Employment Law Journal, April 2013
- “Bonus caps get thrown in the political ring”, Compliance Monitor, March 2013
- “Pangs of further pay-related pain”, Compliance Monitor, December 2012
Alex is a member of the Corporate & Regulatory Committee of the Share Plan Lawyers Group and is Vice-Chair of the Pro Share Share Plans & Financial Services Focus Group.
Alex studied law at King’s College, University of London and received a Distinction from BPP Law School for the Legal Practice Course.
She speaks intermediate French, Spanish and Arabic.