Linklaters’ established our Foreign Legal Consultant Office in Seoul in July 2013. Leveraging our unique international capabilities and detailed understanding of the regulatory and business environment in Korea, we provide on-the-ground execution capabilities in both U.S. and English law, across key practice areas including M&A, private equity, foreign direct investment, outbound investment, corporate finance, capital markets, projects, energy and infrastructure, banking and finance.
Recent significant transactions include advising:
- Korean Exim Bank and Korean Trade Insurance (K-sure) on the US$1.3bn financing facilities for Kuwait Integrated Petroleum Industries Company K.S.C. in respect of the KIPIC LNG Terminal
- Xtep International Holdings on its US$260m acquisition of E.Land Footwear USA Holdings (owner of K-Swiss, Palladium and Supra) from E-Land World Limited, a South Korean fashion and retail group
- Korean Exim Bank and K-sure on the project financing of the 1GW Karapinar Solar project in Turkey, sponsored by Hanwha
- Korean Exim Bank in relation to its €8bn (US$9bn) framework lending arrangement with a group of Iranian commercial banks for the purposes of funding energy and infrastructure development in Iran
- Korean Exim Bank, K-sure and a group of international commercial banks, on the US$1.7bn financing of the Lotte Chem petrochemical project in Louisiana, USA
- BNP Paribas, DBS Bank, ING Bank, Sociéte Générale and Standard Chartered Bank on the €500m Social Covered Bonds due 2023 issued by Korea Housing Finance Corporation, the most prolific issuer of standalone covered bonds in the Korean market
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, BNP Paribas, The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation and Standard Chartered Bank on the issue of US$500m 4% Notes due 2023 by POSCO
- J.P. Morgan, NH Investment & Securities, Citigroup and Korea Investment & Securities on the KRW 2.66 trn IPO transaction for leading global game company, Netmarble Games Corporation - the largest IPO in Korea since 2010
Our renowned experience is recognised by the market:
"For complex deals, we would not hesitate to recommend the Linklaters Seoul office."
Band 1 – Chambers Asia-Pacific 2016 - 2019, Projects & Infrastructure (International Firms): South Korea
"They are very well equipped to assist, we appreciate their proactivity,"
Band 2 – Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019, Capital Markets (International Firms): South Korea