Linklaters has a formal association with Widyawan & Partners (W&P), one of Indonesia's leading full-service law firms, specialising in Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate M&A and Projects & Infrastructure.
W&P currently has over 20 qualified lawyers, led by a team of three partners and two foreign legal advisors. The lawyers have a deep understanding of both the Indonesian and international market, having worked with many of Indonesia’s largest corporations and multinational firms on their strategic transactions.
Linklaters has long-standing international experience working on significant, complex, global transactions for multinational clients, combining legal expertise with a collaborative and innovative approach to help them navigate the constantly evolving markets and regulatory environments. The Linklaters and W&P formal association allows us to deliver market-leading international and Indonesian law capabilities and exceptional client service in a streamlined manner. Our combined expertise boasts a strong record of executing transactions in Indonesia, coupled with an excellent working knowledge of the Indonesian legal and regulatory environment.
Recent significant transactions of the formal association include advising:
- Inpex Masela on the development and financing of its LNG project in Masela Block, Eastern Indonesia
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board on its acquisition of a 45% stake in PT Lintas Marga Sedaya, the concession holder and operator of the Cikopo-Palimanan (Cipali) toll road in Indonesia
- the joint global coordinators and deal managers on the US$2.5bn Triple Series Notes Offering and Concurrent Tender Offers by PT Indonesia Asahan Aluminium (Persero)
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia in the auction sale of its Indonesian life insurance business, PT Commonwealth Life, to FWD Group for US$290m
- PT Medco Power Indonesia and RATCH Group as sponsors on the project financing of a 275MW Gas Fired Power Plant Project in Riau province, Indonesia
Our renowned experience is recognised by the market:
"They're a great firm with fantastic lawyers who are technical and execution-driven. They combine excellent local expertise with a wonderful international network which feels closely integrated."
Band 1 - Chambers Asia-Pacific 2020, Corporate & Finance: Indonesia