Competition/Antitrust, Washington D.C.*
Antonia represents clients in merger and non-merger investigations before the Federal Trade Commission and Department of Justice. She provides advice on the antitrust aspects of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other business arrangements, with a particular focus on complying with and obtaining merger clearances both under the U.S. Hart-Scott-Rodino Act and the laws of non-U.S. jurisdictions. She has broad experience with general commercial and antitrust litigation in state and federal courts. In the field of antitrust, Antonia is ranked in Chambers USA and was recognized as a "Rising Star" in IFLR1000.
- BP on the merger control aspects of various transactions, including its joint venture with Kinder Morgan involving 14 BP terminals, and the sale of its Decatur plant to Indorama
- Ørsted in its Bay State Wind joint venture with Evercore
- Linde AG on its US$90bn merger of equals with Praxair Inc.
- Siemens on the merger of its wind turbines business with that of Gamesa
- Novartis on its strategic portfolio transformation involving the acquisition of GSK’s global oncology business and the sale of its vaccines business; its acquisition of Spinifex Pharmaceuticals; and its acquisition of Advanced Accelerator Applications S.A.
- Marfrig Global Foods S.A. on its acquisition of Western Beef and its sale of Keystone Foods LLC to Tyson Foods Inc.
- Petrobras on several asset disposals, including the sale of its Pasadena refinery to Chevron
*Admitted only in New York; not admitted in the District of Columbia; supervised by Jeffrey Schmidt, a member of the firm admitted to the District of Columbia Bar.
Earlier in her career, Antonia served as an associate at Shearman & Sterling. She was the Vice President of Broadgate Consulting LLC before becoming an associate at Linklaters and obtaining her current role as counsel.
Antonia has a bachelor's degree from Amherst College, where she graduated magna cum laude. She holds a Juris Doctorate, with honors, from Emory University School of Law.