Carlos Pinto Correia
Partner, Head of Antitrust & Foreign Investment, Lisbon
Lawyer. Member of the Portuguese Bar Association
Carlos is a Partner and Head of the Antitrust & Foreign Investment Group in Lisbon. His main areas of practice are EU and Portuguese competition law, and EU law.
Carlos has extensive experience in merger control, including multijurisdictional transactions, as well as in antitrust matters, where he has represented clients before the Commission, the Portuguese Competition Authority (AdC) and both national and EU courts in cases on dominance and cartels, vertical restraints and market inquiries. Carlos also has vast experience in state aid and regulatory matters, in particular in the finance and energy sectors.
Relevant expertise also in compliance matters, both at the transactional level and in the relationship with regulators.
- Representing J&J on its leniency application and successful appeal in a cartel case
- Advising Nestlé on its acquisition of baby food business of Pfizer Nutrition
- Advising BP in the negotiation of a Joint venture with Repsol and Galp on a logistics platform in the area of Oporto
- Representing The Linde Group on its acquisition of Continental European homecare business from Air Products
- Advising SECIL on the acquisition of ready mix business of Lafarge in Portugal
2002 to date Partner and Head of Competition & Antitrust Department, Linklaters Lisbon
2001 - 2002 Partner and co-founder of BSC & Associados (Bleck, Soares, Siza, Cardoso, Correia & Associados, Law Firm)
1998 - 2001 Senior Associate, Morais Leitão, J. Galvão Teles & Associados Law Firm
1994 - 1998 Legal Secretary, Court of First Instance, chambers of J. Vilaça, President and R. Moura Ramos, Judge
1987 - 1994 European Court of Justice, Luxembourg: Administrator, Research and Documentation Division
1982 - 1987 Assistant Professor, EU Law and Competition Law, University of Lisbon Law School
1982 - 1986 Associate at José Manuel Galvão Teles law office
1989 - Master’s Degree (Law and Economics)
1976 - 1981 University of Lisbon Law School, Law
Portuguese, English, French, Spanish, Italian