I advise listed and private companies and funds on all aspects of company law, corporate governance and continuing obligations. I have particular expertise advising on market abuse, share buybacks and share capital reorganisations. I combine technical knowledge with a pragmatic approach to find the best solutions in complex situations.
Education and qualifications
Lucy is a company law specialist with particular experience advising on:
- market abuse and disclosure obligations for listed companies and investors
- share buybacks for both listed and private companies
- demergers of listed companies
- continuing obligations of listed companies under the Listing Rules and DTRs
- complex share capital reorganisations
- the asset-stripping and transaction notification aspects of AIFMD for private equity houses
- corporate governance for private companies, including the Wates principles
Lucy is an experienced author, writing client alerts, thought leadership and press commentary on a range of topics. She is also a seasoned presenter, delivering engaging training on a range of topics to clients and our own lawyers, as well as University guest lectures, in the U.K. and abroad.
Lucy represents the firm in discussions with industry bodies, regulators and the government on developments that will affect our clients. Lucy is a member of the Company Law Committee of the Law Society of England and Wales and the corporate governance working group of the British Venture Capital and Private Equity Association.
Lucy won a Lawyer Monthly Women in Law Award 2020 in recognition of her outstanding legal expertise and contribution in the practice area of corporate law.