Real Estate Partner, Stockholm
“I have 25 years’ experience of advising on cross-border corporate transactions, focusing on real estate assets in the Nordic countries. Together with my profound knowledge of the market and technical expertise, I have considerable negotiation skills to assist clients achieve their strategic and commercial objectives smoothly, efficiently and satisfactorily.”
Education and qualifications
Magnus heads the firm’s Stockholm office M&A Real Estate practice and is widely acknowledged as one of the leading real estate lawyers in the Nordic region. Magnus has extensive experience of corporate, finance and real estate law in property-related transactions, with specialist proficiency in real estate M&A.
Magnus has led on transactions involving investors, developers, sponsors and lenders buying, selling and developing real estate in the Nordic region, in which most contracts are in English and governed by Swedish law. He works closely with the firm’s other experts in Finance and Tax to offer clients a comprehensive service that meets all their real estate-related legal requirements.
Magnus also holds a place in ranking institute Chambers band 1 and is listed as a ‘’leading individual’’ in the Swedish Real Estate market by Legal500.
Magnus has led on many of the market’s most high-profile real estate transactions. Highlights include advising:
- CBRE Global Investment Partners on the acquisition of Bromma Blocks, a large shopping center/retail park in western Stockholm
- Union Investment Real Estate GmbH on the acquisition of the property Uarda 7 in Solna by way of a share transfer from Fabege AB
- M&G European Property Holding Company S.à.r.l. on the acquisition of the property Stockholm Blekholmen 1, a premium office building in Stockholm CBD, directly adjacent to Stockholm central station
- GIC Real Estate, a governmental fund of Singapore, and Euro Kungsgatan AB on the divestment of Kungshuset, a premium office building in Stockholm CBD
- CBRE Global Investors Open-Ended Funds S.C.A. SICAV-SIF on the SEK acquisition of Stockholm Tobaksmonopolet 2 AB, landmark prime office premises located in the City Centre of Stockholm
Magnus is a board member of the Swedish section of the Urban Land Institute, a global non-profit education and research institute.