Education and qualifications
Mark is a leading oil and gas specialist who advises a wide range of clients on transactions at all stages of the value chain. His practice spans all areas of transactional activity in the energy sector, including project development and financing, joint venturing and M&A, commercial contracts and trading.
Mark’s recent notable work includes advising:
- on a number of the largest ever African energy M&A transactions, including Eni’s US$7+bn disposals to ExxonMobil and CNPC in Mozambique, and Ophir Energy’s US$1.3bn disposal to Pavilion Energy in Tanzania
- on the development and financing of major LNG liquefaction projects, including the landmark US$11bn Coral South FLNG Project in Mozambique (Africa’s largest ever project financing, and the first FLNG facility to be project financed. Winner of PFI Africa Deal of the Year 2017)
- on a series of high-profile oil and gas portfolio transactions, including the Spirit Energy joint venture between Centrica and Bayerngas Norge and the disposal of Repsol’s global LNG portfolio to Shell
- the Government of South Africa on its 3GW integrated LNG to Power procurement programme
- Blackstone-backed Black Rhino Group on the proposed development and project financing of an oil products pipeline from Djibouti to Ethiopia and related oil products import and storage facilities