Capital Markets Partner, London
“I work in the Corporate Trust and Agency team, which supports the firm’s global Finance & Projects practice, so I have a wide experience of acting for corporate trustees, agents and other service providers on a broad range of Capital Markets, Banking and Projects transactions.”
Education and qualifications
Neil is a Partner in Linklaters’ Corporate Trust and Agency practice, which supports and works closely with the firm’s global Finance & Projects practice. Neil’s work is internationally orientated and focuses on advising corporate trustees, agents and other specialist service providers in Capital Markets, Banking and Projects transactions.
Neil advises on new money financings and post-issuance matters including:
- Vanilla debt capital markets bond and medium term note programmes;
- Equity-linked, corporate hybrid and regulatory capital issuances;
- Islamic finance and loan participation notes;
- Liability management transactions (including tender offers, exchange offer and consent solicitations);
- Covered bonds, securitisations (e.g. CMBS, RMBS and whole business) and warehousing transactions;
- Repackagings, CLNs and other structured finance products;
- Project bonds, renewables transactions, secured lending and other loan facilities; and
- Exercise of trustee powers, duties and discretions; amendments to bonds and restructurings and potential and actual defaults.
Prior to joining the Corporate Trust and Agency Team, Neil advised the firm’s issuer and investment banking clients on a wide range of capital markets transactions, but with a focus on equity-linked, corporate hybrid and regulatory capital transactions.
Neil actively attends and participates in the trustee sub-committee of the ICMSA and represents the firms at industry conferences, including the Barcelona ABS and Dubai Bonds, Loans and Sukuks conferences.
Neil is a senior member of the firm’s graduate recruitment panel and assists regularly with graduate recruitment and marketing activities.
Neil volunteers with the firm’s Mentoring Works scheme by mentoring a sixth form student from a local school.
Neil completed an internal secondment as a Professional Support Lawyer in the firm’s Capital Markets department during 2010 and takes an active interest in K&L activities, regularly delivering internal and external training sessions.