Managing Associate, Litigation, Arbitration & Investigations, London
"I act for clients across a wide range of sectors in relation to complex litigation and investigations. I have particular experience advising clients in the tech and professional services sectors. I aim to work closely with clients to understand their business and to provide clear, usable advice to help clients when dealing with challenging and strategic issues."
Education and qualifications
Rebecca is a Managing Associate in the Litigation, Arbitration and Investigations team in London, specialising in complex litigation and investigations.
She has particular experience advising in relation to content, online safety, intermediary liability, privacy and data protection, cyber security and breaches, group litigation and competition issues. Rebecca has acted for clients in relation to significant and high profile group litigation, including funded litigation.
Rebecca is also a key member of the Linklaters’ online safety team and helped to produce Linklaters’ flagship comparative analysis of eight key online harms regimes, as well as authoring several articles on the subject and speaking on the topic at several events. Rebecca is advising tech clients on their preparation for and compliance with the regime.
She has significant experience advising in relation to crisis management and investigations, including complex cross-border investigations.
Rebecca’s recent matters include:
- Advising a major technology company on two data breach representative class actions concerning events that were the subject of significant regulatory and public scrutiny
- Acting for a leading payment scheme on its defence of proceedings brought by merchants who allege breaches of competition law in relation to multilateral interchange fees
- Advising a leading payment scheme on two collective actions (one opt-in and one opt-out) brought by retailers in respect of interchange fees before the Competition Appeal Tribunal
- Advising a major technology company on threatened litigation concerning online content
- Conducting a post-incident review for a professional services firm following a major data breach